Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Qualitative analysis software??

Options
  • 31-01-2011 1:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions for qualitative data analysis software for the mac? I don't really fancy running bootcamp and paying for a full windows license just to run nVivo- plus it's really pricey in itself...

Just wondering if anyone was using anything good.

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

They're all fairly expensive as far as I know - are you sure you cant get hold of NVivo for less? I dont use it much but it seems to be the standard around our department. I think it goes for around €125 now - student license. Could you try a consultancy for purchasing? I bought stata for €120 last year from a crowd in the UK. Alternatively, NUDIST might be an option? Or the old colored postits and highlighters option? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

TBH I tend to code using a giant sheet up paper and colour coded pens, but I think with a data set this size I'd be better with something to keep it all organised in an orderly fashion, rather than depend on my brain!!!

I think I'm just gonna have to suck it up and get myself nVivo... Hopefully find a computer to run it on without having to resort to bootcamp on the mac...

Advertisement