If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AV, Blu-Ray and Speakers Quote Required

Options
  • 31-01-2011 1:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭

Hi,

I've gotten a quote for a TV (46PFL7605) from Ash which I'm likely to go with so I'd like a quote for the following:

BOSTON SOUNDWARE XS (5.1 Speakers)
    Denon AVR1911
    Sony BDPS570
    Required Cables

Thanks,

Justin

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Justin, many thanks for the opportunity to quote and nice TV I might add.

Just before I drop you a quote.

Are you going to be using the Sony 570 for 3D playback and approx how much speaker cable would you need ?

I would consider another player also which adds some tricks that the Sony doesn't. It's an LG model called the BX580 which allows for a USB hard-drive to be connected to the unit and it will then convert the signal to HDMI for outputting to a TV. Great if you have some media on an HDD.

Let me know what you think and I'll drop you a price including the cabling etc.

ATB

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭JustMac

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the reply.

I don't have a strong preference for make/model of BluRay player. I would have some content on HDD so it might be a handy feature.

I was primarliy getting a 3d enabled BluRay along with a 3d ready av receiver to make it easier if I change the TV a few years down the line. With that said I'm due to get a demo of a 46PFL8605 later in the week and I'd already got a quote including that TV from John a while back and if I'm blown away by the demo I might go with that quote. (http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056099372)

I should measure the room, its quite long. I know I'd measured before that I'd be sitting about 14 feet away from the TV. I suppose about 25metres of cable would be about right. I can give an exact measure when I'm ordering.

Perhaps you could quote with the LG model you suggested and maybe the Philips BDP7500B2 that was in Johns earlier 'full system quote' as it seems to support playing from HDD as well. I'm open to other suggestions on the AV and Speakers. The BOSTON SOUNDWARE XS seem to be fairly decent and in a small enough size which should keep the missus onside. The Denon AVR1911 seems to be a good piece of kit and is also 3d ready so future-proofing a little. (I'm not an audiophile)

I'm thinking I'll probably have my decision made by the weekend so I'm getting a quote on this now so that I will be able to get the order in and delivered as soon as I can after deciding.

thanks,

Justin

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.