Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Planning Query

• 31-01-2011 2:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭

Hi i was just looking up our planning there and saw a letter and just wondering does anyone know if i should be worried bout this or not.

Here is the letter

"In relation to the planning application the authority will rely on the planning authority to abide by the official national policy in relation to development on/affection national roads as outlined in the authority’s policy statement on Development Management and Access to National Roads"

Its from the Roads Authority.

Or site is on a back road. But it is near to a bend.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭rayjdav

Its a standard NRA letter, when they deem that a development may hinder or affect an existing, or proposed, NRA development.
    Depending on the application you submitted, the council will now insist on the maximum sightlines as required under the relevant county CDP. It really is, imho, an ass saving exercise by the council now, as, if an incident were to occur in the future on the NRA road, as they now will insist on the CDP requirents being met, they cannot be sued.

Just wait for your RFI to be issued and then deal with it, if it even arises.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,389 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Katz83 wrote: »
    Hi i was just looking up our planning there and saw a letter and just wondering does anyone know if i should be worried bout this or not.

Here is the letter

"In relation to the planning application the authority will rely on the planning authority to abide by the official national policy in relation to development on/affection national roads as outlined in the authority’s policy statement on Development Management and Access to National Roads"

Thats a standard response from the NRA. Depending on the location of the road on which you propose to build in relation to a national primary route the planning authority will ask the NRA for a report/recommendation on your proposal from a road safety point of view.

If they (NRA) were opposed to it then they would recommend that you be refused. When they have no opinion or decide that it doesn't really concern them then they just pass the buck back to the council.

I wouldn't be worried about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Katz83

rayjdav wrote: »
    Its a standard NRA letter, when they deem that a development may hinder or affect an existing, or proposed, NRA development.
    Depending on the application you submitted, the council will now insist on the maximum sightlines as required under the relevant county CDP. It really is, imho, an ass saving exercise by the council now, as, if an incident were to occur in the future on the NRA road, as they now will insist on the CDP requirents being met, they cannot be sued.

Just wait for your RFI to be issued and then deal with it, if it even arises.

Ok sorry now for probably asking a stupid question. But as far as i know we dont have 80 metre vision that you are supposed to hvae i think we only have 50 or less. We did a roads report to cover this when we sent in our planning. There is also a dual carriage way being started later a bi away from our site however we are coming out onto a different road so this shouldn't affect us. Should i be worried.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Ok sorry now for probably asking a stupid question. But as far as i know we dont have 80 metre vision that you are supposed to hvae i think we only have 50 or less. We did a roads report to cover this when we sent in our planning. There is also a dual carriage way being started later a bi away from our site however we are coming out onto a different road so this shouldn't affect us. Should i be worried.

Here is the letter

It is likely that unless there are extenuating circumstances which warrent the reduction in the sightlines then a grant of permission will be extremely difficult to get.

Advertisement