Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

traffic at harstown community school

Options
  • 31-01-2011 3:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭

any one else get caught up in the traffic at the school during lunch break?

can kids not walk home 100 meters anymore??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Drop the Ball

I don't think it is the kids that cannot walk 100m, I think it is the parents who cannot walk 100m.
    If it is anything like traffic and parking chaos at Scoil Ghráinne national school and Pobail Scoil Setanta secondary school in Phibblestown then you have my sympathy. There is only one narrow access road leading to the two schools. It is a no go area during drop off and pick up times. Parents block roads and entrances to estates and to a business, they abandon cars and have little regard for residents. The school management and FCC don't appear to care. Another planning success story in D15.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Hardly a D15 issue to be fair, I've yet to come across any school in this city that doesn't have traffic mayhem at opening and closing times.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

eventually the ressision will fix this issue, 2nd family cars will start to die out. When I went to school in the 80s it was rare to see kids being driven to school.. If things dont get better we could go back to those times.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

I dont think all the kids live 100 metres from the school :)

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭managerman

I dont think all the kids live 100 metres from the school :)

fair enough but they dont live miles away!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭managerman

eventually the ressision will fix this issue, 2nd family cars will start to die out. When I went to school in the 80s it was rare to see kids being driven to school.. If things dont get better we could go back to those times.....

i think the recession is the problem.. people losing there jobs and have time to bring their kids to school, just more people able to nowadays

Advertisement