Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Choose Your Own Adventure - DISCUSSION THREAD

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 356 ✭✭wavehopper1

peatcass wrote: »
    do you have to be on the list to vote?

If so, apologies for tread spoiling in the past, and please sign me up.

No, everybody is welcome to vote on the story choices, the more boardies voting the better! The list is the order of writers, I think DakotaYoda is making a gentle reminder to the writers to also vote when their phase is over

• Registered Users Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭DakotaYoda

peatcass wrote: »
    do you have to be on the list to vote?

If so, apologies for tread spoiling in the past, and please sign me up.

No no, not at all peatcass. ANYONE can vote. The list above is just the order of writers. A different person writes each post so it doesn't fall to just 1 or 2 people to write the whole thing.

EDIT - If you DO want to join the writing just let me know and we'll add ye to the list of writers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭SmileyPaul

just waiting on the choices from Apollo ehem.... sungod :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

oops wasnt sure if we were going to start a new story or not , they are on the way

SUNGOD wrote: »
    oops wasnt sure if we were going to start a new story or not , they are on the way

Did you get the Outcomes to SmileyPaul, SUNGOD? It's a new week.... time for most posts. :D

yeah options sent since last thursday but if smileypaul usually posts from work then last friday was good friday and today is a bank holiday so he might not be in work again till tommorrow

Good 'nuff. I had a long weekend too and am just back to work today. Sounds like we should see it in the next day or so then. That works for me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

OK, I thought it was part of the rules that after 2 Days SOMETHING -Had TO Happen- so next writer takes the majority option, or whatever, but Something cotinues.

BTW the Pianno reference is totally an exageration, its not so much falling Pianos, but that One group was Isolated ad repeated attempts were made previously for the execution of this individual, Some Serious idicaators of Zombification right there ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭ChaseThisLight

I'm up next then, so I can def go...I just thought due to the long weekend, SmileyPaul was being given another day.

So, if SUNGOD'll PM me the outcomes, I'll have something up tomorrow.

OK, I thought it was part of the rules that after 2 Days SOMETHING -Had TO Happen- so next writer takes the majority option, or whatever, but Something cotinues.

BTW the Pianno reference is totally an exageration, its not so much falling Pianos, but that One group was Isolated ad repeated attempts were made previously for the execution of this individual, Some Serious idicaators of Zombification right there ;)

Yeah, sorry for lobbing a piano at your head, Mahatma! The comment wasn't particularly constructive of me, I take it back (I'm plinking away at the keys right now) :o

• Advertisement

Sorry, lifes after gettin fairly hectic the last couple of days and this is my first time home since saturday night :S

sorry again :(
    I'll take part in the next round of posts if life allows it :P

thats grand smileypaul , good to hear your ok and that you didnt get infected:D

We've got out of the habit of listing the inventory. I had a read back to see who has what weapons as I'd lost track.

In the strong room, we (I mean our hero) took one gun and box of ammo, and handed the other gun and box to Eva.

When we went off with Apollo, Eva secretly gave us her machete.

We foolishly handed our rifle and ammo to Apollo before entering the prisoners room.

So the last we saw directly - Apollo had his two pistols and the rifle BUT Eva had the other rifle, I'd completely forgotten that :cool:

Thanks for doing that wavehopper...I completely forgot about the inventory at all, but it's good to know exactly who has what, especially given the situation our hero is in now. Will try to remember to tack that on when it's my turn from here on out.

Yeah we are a bit hit and miss on tracking that. It would be good to always include:

1. Inventory
    2. Time of day or at least ensure you mention how much time has passed since the last post. It's good to keep track of time a bit.

Anything else?

A) But with style, Eva Still has a rifle and seems to be on My side,

I'd saunter in Nonchelauntly and say something pithy like

'Rumors of my demise have been Greatly Exagerated'

all things being equal, this should put the wind up apollo and give eva a chance to train her Rifle on him.

apollo wont have any support in the room once you enter, He has openly lied about your death, what else is he lying about??????

you on the other hand have been straight with them, you have already despatched one of their leaders and survived a coup, your position in the eyes of the Mob is stronger.

Also as a sweetner if you still desire vengance you can use his infant child as Z bait :Evil:

sorry this is a bit off topic at the moment,
    but we can't forget how messed up the members of the "new life" were already

remember the lady in the dining hall? that was an example of what extreme the rest believed everthing their "leader" said

and I still believe this is true

we be effed as far as some of the members are concerned :P

EDIIIIIIIIIIIIIT!:

even as a drunk person I can see through the story and be awesomely ready for the shiznit thats about to encroach into this story :P

I'm dizzy :(

hidden message?! :O
    hehehehe

google Abhorsen1991 and you'll find my other personality, I'm quite the nerd

EDIT:
    Dear lord I was intoxicated last night! sorry!

The people you reference are what we in the 'Being an Awesome Badass' Business would call Sheeple, they want to be led, they are willing to follow anyone who is strong and charismatic provided that person offers them an advantage, Dolenz offered security shelter and a Spirituality that a lot of the sheeple crave, they didnt Rebel when you took charge, quite the opposite really, they supported you and put dolenz from their minds, they havent rebeled when Apolo took charge because they want stability, HOWEVER, they will rebel against Apollo when you re appear, as he has CLEARLY Lied to them and tried to Kill you, the lies wont bother them but the Attempted murder will un nerve them.

your repeated survival makes you a Natural Leader in their eyes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,677 ✭✭✭deise go deo

The people you reference are what we in the 'Being an Awesome Badass' Business would call Sheeple, they want to be led, they are willing to follow anyone who is strong and charismatic provided that person offers them an advantage, Dolenz offered security shelter and a Spirituality that a lot of the sheeple crave, they didnt Rebel when you took charge, quite the opposite really, they supported you and put dolenz from their minds, they havent rebeled when Apolo took charge because they want stability, HOWEVER, they will rebel against Apollo when you re appear, as he has CLEARLY Lied to them and tried to Kill you, the lies wont bother them but the Attempted murder will un nerve them.

your repeated survival makes you a Natural Leader in their eyes.

I don't anticipate much trouble from the masses, but the main problem I see with just waltzing into the room with my machete trying to take over control when Appolo has a rifle is getting a bullet for my trouble. If he shoots me fast enough, and says 'He was a Zombie', he wins and everyone falls into line behind him.

Better to ambush him and use your best weapon, Surprise.

Eva, hopefully, is your best weapon.

Maybe dont saunter directly into the line of fire ;) just announce yerself and take cover (albeit in an UberCool manner)

• Advertisement

I'm up next, I'll post later today.

has our nameless faceless Hero finaly gotten a Moniker????

I like Sandman, even if its only an 'In Joke' between you and eva

Sandman is cool!
    I thought there were more weapons, we need another inventory.

I agree,there are other weapons in the compound, I was just listing what was on the person of Eva and Sandman, which is particularly relevant if they were to walk straight out immediately. Who knows, Apollo may be rummaging through the storeroom as we speak!

On an aside - regarding the weapons you quoted in the story thread, Mahatma...do we know if the box of 9mm ammo would fit Apollo's pistols, I couldn't make out from google if bullets are specific to particular handguns. And does the reference to 48 rounds for the ".303" refer to the "pump action shotgun" or the "Winchester Lever-action 30/30" (I mean which of these weapons is the ".303")?

Apollos pistols are 9mm, so yeah the ammo will fit them, also the .303 is neither the Winchester or the Shotgun, its teh slightly rusty WW1 rifle
    lee_enfield.jpg

Apollos pistols are 9mm, so yeah the ammo will fit them, also the .303 is neither the Winchester or the Shotgun, its teh slightly rusty WW1 rifle
    lee_enfield.jpg

That Rifle could be very handy. The 303 is a great rifle, accurate and reliable. You still hear the old lads in the RDF reminiscing about it.

I sent my choices to DeiseGoDeo who has already voted.

I'm finding it artificially tricky to write when our hero is among a group of people. The problem is that the writer needs to end in a conflict, and its easier to have that conflict coming from another person than think up a new zee situation. Hence the continuing power struggles! Because of this I was going to start my episode with Sandman persuading Eva to take off and strike out on their own. It was purely down to some discussion on this thread in the last couple of days on how the group might pan out that I decided not to be so drastic but to leave it up to later writers. Good luck with that, ha ha :D

• Advertisement

That Rifle could be very handy. The 303 is a great rifle, accurate and reliable. You still hear the old lads in the FCA reminiscing about it.
    FYP;)

Yeah the Lee Enfield is a gorgeous weapon, Packs a fair bit of stopping power, If I was writing next I'd check its serviceability and take it over the 3 Shot Remington

FYP;)

Yeah the Lee Enfield is a gorgeous weapon, Packs a fair bit of stopping power, If I was writing next I'd check its serviceability and take it over the 3 Shot Remington

We're the RDF now lad.;)

Just so we can see what we are dealing with, this is the Winchester 30/30 Rifle

M94.JPG

DakotaYoda wrote: »
    My question - if those things chasing the Raiders back to the school weren't exactly zombies - then what were they? I'd have someone investigate the bodies.

Its not that they were not Zombies, they are the same as the ones seen earlier, its just that he is not comfortable calling them Zombies. Its just a bit of disbelief that there could be such things as Zombies.

Maybe I dident make that very clear.:o

Its not that they were not Zombies, they are the same as the ones seen earlier, its just that he is not comfortable calling them Zombies. Its just a bit of disbelief that there could be such things as Zombies.

Maybe I dident make that very clear.:o

Gotcha deise - thx for the clarification and no worries. Early AM here and I've not had much coffee yet. :D

• Advertisement

I suppose I should also mention that there is a fourth option for dealing with Dolnezes crew.

If it is decided to stay in the school, Dolnezes faithful could be expelled. Could even say he sent a message back for his followers to meet him somewhere.
    Just something for the next writer to consider.:)

I suppose I should also mention that there is a fourth option for dealing with Dolnezes crew.

If it is decided to stay in the school, Dolnezes faithful could be expelled. Could even say he sent a message back for his followers to meet him somewhere.
    Just something for the next writer to consider.:)

He may still be out there someplace tho - and if he finds them you can bet they'll come back to visit. Ohh.... plot seed? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭LeeHoffmann

Is the current active story dead?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 74 ✭✭Goodoak

If phill106 can't do the current chapter pass the options on to me I'm up next.

We'll give phil another day otherwise Goodoak can take the next post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,821 ✭✭✭phill106

sorry ill pass onto goodoak, sending stuff now. felt and looked like a zombie the last week myself

Got your pm phill106, I'll post something up by tomorrow evening. That is I'll post something up unless I'm fighting off the hoard that Phil created by spreading his vile infection :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,821 ✭✭✭phill106

Goodoak wrote: »
    Got your pm phill106, I'll post something up by tomorrow evening. That is I'll post something up unless I'm fighting off the hoard that Phil created by spreading his vile infection :eek:

I was so bad, the doctor took pics for her class....SHE TOOK PICS!

I had hand foot and mouth disease!

Pops open beer sits back to watch carnage.:cool:

Goodoak wrote: »
    Pops open beer sits back to watch carnage.:cool:

Fight the living, fight the undead or run like the clappers. I like it :D

• Advertisement

Fight the living, fight the undead or run like the clappers. I like it :D

Thanks wavehopper1 I felt a little pressed for time so the piece is not as long as I as I would have liked.

I did try to put some clues into the story as to what the right caurse of action should be.

Hey all - will be Tuesday before I get my post up. Just an FYI...

Sorry gang - not my usual kind of post but that was all I had time for this week. New job/position is eating up waaaaay too much of my free/zombie time!

I didn't want to pass on posting however...

Hey Mahatma - what time are we at the end of your piece - about midday?

Just a heads up, I may need to sit this round out, depending on how soon it gets to me...I've got a lot on coming up and doubt I'll have the mind for it. If this wind sup being the case, I'll be sure and speak up so no one has to wait on me.

Hey Mahatma - what time are we at the end of your piece - about midday?
    Nah, I figure that its only a few minutes since the SHTF so its still earlyish 7-8 AM

Just a reminder on post order:

1. DakotaYoda
    2. Mahatma coat
    3. SUNGOD
    4. SmileyPaul
    5. chasethislight
    6. wavehopper1
    7. deise go deo
    8. phill106
    9. Goodoak

Yet again folks everyone seems to want to take th 'Safe' option, I'd jut liketo remind you that there are nio SAFE options in aq Zompacylypse, only degrees of danger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Rick Deckard

Yet again folks everyone seems to want to take th 'Safe' option, I'd jut liketo remind you that there are nio SAFE options in aq Zompacylypse, only degrees of danger.

Thats the survival instinct for you

• Advertisement

Right, before people complain about the outcome of this round, which will be inevitable once ye realise what the outcome is, I'd just like to say.

When I write a scenario I will always Punish those who take the percieved 'Safe' option, in reality all 3 scenarios lead to venturing into the unknown, anyone who sacrifices Speed for the illusion of safety deserves it when they get eaten Slowly;)

Advertisement