Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lottery Module For Joomla

Options
  • 31-01-2011 3:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Developing a site for the local GAA club. Want to put a section on the page with the current club lotto results. Does anyone know of any module for this, would make life a lot easier instead of having to do my own code for it.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭fugee

I downloaded a lottery module from joomla extensions site. Can't remember which one, but it was difficult to get it to do exactely what I wanted.

What I ended up doing was using the .png files for each of the ball numbers. eg 1.png from that module. But you can have your own if you want.

Next step was to create an article which would show lotto results. PM if you want to see it.

I then used the mod_placehere module, which allows you place an article directly into a module position. It works well, and looks great for what I wanted.

Every week I just had to log in and change the names of weekly winners, lotto amount, and then change the html code for the balls. Hope this makes sense. Like I said let me know if you want to see the example.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

fugee wrote: »
    Every week I just had to log in and change the names of weekly winners, lotto amount, and then change the html code for the balls. Hope this makes sense. Like I said let me know if you want to see the example.

Doesn't that remove the need for a module if you're just going to plug in the info manually anyway? What purpose does the module serve - just nice styling & presentation?

Housing the article in a module allows you have the flexibility of placing the article wherever you want. So if you want the module to have a static place on the right hand side of your page this is a way of doing it.

Otherwise the article will go into a section/category and not have a permanent static place on the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Ah, ok. Showing my lack of Joomla knowledge there. In WordPress you'd probably use a simple text widget, and change that whenever necessary.

I don't know wordpress, but sounds like the same thing alright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭jrochie

Thanks for that. Will do the job perfectly for me.

Appreciate it

Advertisement