Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renting agency inspection and cleaning

Options
  • 31-01-2011 3:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭

so just had an inspection becuase the house wasnt too clean last week when a maintenance man was here

now the house is immaculate accept for maybe the oven

person inspecting it walks straight in when the door is opened without introducing themselves or anything

walks straight into my bedroom and around the bed without introducing themselves

then calls us downstairs to tell us we hadnt even touched the house and it was an absolute mess

she said the oven is a fire hazard(fair enough we will clean it) and the toilets are black, the toilets are perfect although there is calcium build up beneath the water line

now she says she is going to come back and inspect next week but i was reading through the contract and while it says they can come in and inspect for damage at any time it dosnt say anything about making us tidy up or inspecting messines(the house was messy but not dirty or unclean if you know what i mean)

all the contract says is that before we hand the keys back it must be in the same condition as it was when we moved in, this is fine we have no problem with that

she says if its not improved by next week she will order cleaners in at our expense. but if we think its immaculate now i dont really see what else we can do

any advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭pooch90

Quite simply tell them to go F themselves!
    Cleanliness is absolutely none of their business,nor is it their place to get a cleaner in.

If they entered without your consent it is in breach of your rights as tenants,regardless of what lease says. They sound like a right shower. Time to play hard ball and eat the face off them.

Completely unacceptable. You shouldn't and don't have to put up with this kind of crap

• Registered Users Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Doop

That really is a load of boll*x, I use to do inspections and would never have carried on like that. They are completely lacking in any respect for you and your home - which you pay for and are entitled to be comfortable in. I've never commented on how people live, I would look for things like water stains on ceilings, blocked vents, stains on carpets general condition of the property.

I would send a strongly worded letter to the manger of the agency, saying how you feel.
    Tell them you have every intention of returning the property in the condition you received it as per your lease. Tell them you found the particular agent rude and unprofessional and will not agree to have this particular agent come round for inspections, but will allow someone else from the agency, provided proper notice has been given.

They cant make you pay for a cleaner or anything of the sort (mid tenancy). Dont put up with that sort of treatment, and always better to put it in writing how you feel. Go straight to the top (manger) provided this isn't a one man shop type agency.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

You would be within your rights to simply call the Gardai and reporting this 'inspector' as a trespasser.

The landlord's rights to inspect the property are quite limited and it's normal practice to make an arrangement to carryout an inspection that is mutually convenient.

Unless you're doing something that will structurally damage the building or cause a massive environmental health problem (to the level that the local council/HSE got involved), this "inspector" is stepping way over the mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Doop

Solair wrote: »
    You would be within your rights to simply call the Gardai and reporting this 'inspector' as a trespasser.

I gathered from the op that this was a pre arranged inspection, but the op wasnt happy with the manner he entered the house.. as in not introducing himself etc :confused:

OP?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

Doop wrote: »
    I gathered from the op that this was a pre arranged inspection, but the op wasnt happy with the manner he entered the house.. as in not introducing himself etc :confused:

OP?

ye it was prearranged in that we got a letter through the door a few days in advance to say it would be happening

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,392 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Tell them not to send your mother around the next time. :)

Advertisement