Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Competition prizes never arriving

Options
  • 31-01-2011 3:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭

Just wondering what to do next, last June I "won" 2 soccer balls during a coco cola promotion. Still nothing has arrived. I have rung a customer serice number who keep assuring me that they are sending my query to the promotion section. Still I wait ........no contact.

I know this is only a small thing, but with four boys I buy alot of soccer balls. Should I just drop it or should I continue to chase it up?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Try writing to them, and asking.

It's a lot easier to avoid phone calls than a written letter. You could always send the letter registered, and then follow up with a phone call.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭proulx

Cannot find a postal address or email address for this issue, can only find an address for bottle distributors

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Gaw_

Same problem here OP, I only won one football, but it was supposed to be sent out a long time ago.. several months at least.

Let me know if you find a way to get them to listen :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Get on to Joe. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 9,801 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

I would try a calm, neatly typed letter to the secretary of the company, at the address listed on the CRO website including whatever documentation you have gotten from the company and any proofs of purchase or other things.

What has actually happened is that someone along the line (a marketing agency, a PR person, who knows) has for some reason dropped the metaphorical and literal ball.

If you still don't have any joy, you could try writing to the CEO in the US.

If that doesn't work, you should write to Warren Buffet and advise him of the situation, and suggest that you are strongly concerned about the company's international strategy and that you are afraid of them dropping other balls as well as your own four. (Warren owns a big chunk of Coca Cola - http://www.gurufocus.com/news.php?id=97145)

If you are following up on this, I'd suggest to treat it as a bit of fun, something for the kids to get involved in, rather than as a crusade.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

I won one seven or eight months ago, forgot all about it, appeared 2 months ago!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

...you could try writing to the CEO in the US.

If that doesn't work, you should write to Warren Buffet

You're joking right, has the world gone crazy?

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

You're joking right, has the world gone crazy

I know it is only a small issue, but surely you agree if they offer a prize you should recieve a prize, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭user1842

I won one too, think it took a month to come.

I think you just need to write a letter:

Coca-Cola Ireland
    38/39 Lower Baggot Street
    Dublin, Dublin 2

or contact them via their Irish site. I think its a online form:

www.cokezone.ie

Im sure they will sort it out, you might get some free coke too :)

I believe they are quiet good in matters like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Im sure they will sort it out, you might get some free coke too :)

I believe they are quiet good in matters like this.

I bought two six packs of Coke in a Supermarket - took them home and was putting them in the fridge when I noticed that 3 of the cans were empty.

I rang them - spoke to one girl who put me through to the bottlers. All that was there was a voice mail. Never heard back. No free cans, not to mention replacements.

Good luck in your crusade! :)

• Advertisement

I bought two six packs of Coke in a Supermarket - took them home and was putting them in the fridge when I noticed that 3 of the cans were empty.

I rang them - spoke to one girl who put me through to the bottlers. All that was there was a voice mail. Never heard back. No free cans, not to mention replacements.

Try a letter?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

In this digital age, why?

Cans long since thrown out, in any case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

wrong contact! - You should have got in touch with their marketing department, sure the bottlers are outsourced, they won't do anything unless Coke tell them to (pay them to). You were mugged! ;)

Cans long since thrown out, in any case.

Why didn't you just go back to the supermarket where you bought them. It is their responsibility to replace not as described products.

Buck stops with them

• Registered Users Posts: 18,992 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Because email isn't a recognised method of communication. For a complaint to be formal it requires a signature and currently digital signatures aren't legal so email is no good. You could have faxed them.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

digital signatures aren't legal

erm bit of a sweeping statement there, yes they are if qualified as such, I work in a controlled place of work where emails are most certainly the equivalent of digital signatures

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

ok so into fourth month of calling I recieve an email today

We're sorry for any delay in responding. We've been checking into your enquiry.
    We've found that you were a winner, however, your address was not updated until the 2010-12-06 16:05:21.
    Winners needed to update their address details within 4 weeks of winning in order to claim their prize. Since this was not done, the prize has been forfeited.
    We understand that this may be disappointing. We are sorry to hear about any inconvenience. While we truly appreciate you taking part in the program we must abide by the rules.
    If you have any other comments or questions, feel free to contact us again.
    Sincerely,

But I know defo that I did not wait four weks to put in my details and that I infact won two balls and defo know I have given details before I even won the second ball. Before I was jst slightly annoyed about not recieving my prizes now I am totally pissed that they are trying to wrangle out of it.

Its letter time, explain it all

Advertisement