Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switcher A/C

Options
  • 31-01-2011 3:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭

Anybody know what recourse one has when a switcher a/c isn't switched properly and you end up overdrawn in your old a/c because a DD isn't switched

In my situation.
    I applied for a switcher from UB and gave my switching date. I got a letter from PTSB on the 18th stating that they have informed UB of the DD. I don't get a letter from BOI for their DD's. On the 29th I get a phone call from 3 saying my bill is over due by 4 days and if I don't pay it I'll be cut off. I check my bank a/c's and see that the DD was requested from and rejected by from PTSB (when it should have been requested from UB). I pay bill by Debit card and that is fine. I then check this morning and see that my BOI a/c is overdrawn because another DD wasn't switched from them. Again a DD that was supposed to be transferred to UB hadn't been.
    Having said that, my gas bill has taken from UB on the 28th, so that was swicthed from PTSB to UB.
    I rang UB on the 24th, after checking my a/c online and seeing that there were no DD's setup. They said they would ring me back and haven't. I rang on Saturday when 3 threatened to cancel my contract and they said it would be referred to their cunstomer complaints dept and they would ring me first thing Monday morning, they didn't. I rang again today and was told I would be rang back as a matter of urgency, they havent. I am worried now as my mortgage is due tomorrow and I'll be damned if that isn't paid. I have never missed a direct debit or payment in my life and I am not about to have my credit rating screwed up because someone in UB didn't do their job properly.
    Any advise on where to follow this up would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭sarahlulu

When you are switching from one bank to another, the bank you are leaving send a list of the direct debits to your new bank.

They then send a letter to the companies that you have direct debits with, as that is who presents the direct debit. The bank merely facilitates the agreement between you and the company.
    Your new bank will inform the company that you have switched and give them details of your new account, asking them to present the dd's from this account in the future.

It is then up to the company to change the details of the account they present the direct debit on. This explains why some have been changed and others have not. There is nothing the bank can do if the company have not amended the details.

Advertisement