Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Claregalway bridge works

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭greeneyedspirit

Fingers crossed that this: http://www.nuachtchlair.com/claregalway-temporary-bridges-will-be-ready-by-march/ is true - there's been nothing happening for too long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭faw1tytowers

Wish they would just get on with the dam bypass.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭sealgaire

Ha, there will NEVER be a by-pass of Claregalway. Hence the proposed motorway.

Yea, what is being built now is a temp bridge to take the traffic around the existing bridge while it is being worked upon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭WallyGUFC

sealgaire wrote: »
    Ha, there will NEVER be a by-pass of Claregalway. Hence the proposed motorway.

Yea, what is being built now is a temp bridge to take the traffic around the existing bridge while it is being worked upon
    True. Once that motorway is built the bypass will never happen, not that it was ever going to happen in the first place. They've started work on the temporary bridge and road alright but I'd say it'll be a few more weeks before works on the proper bridge start.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dec25532

WallyGUFC wrote: »
    True. Once that motorway is built the bypass will never happen, not that it was ever going to happen in the first place. They've started work on the temporary bridge and road alright but I'd say it'll be a few more weeks before works on the proper bridge start.

Yeah, but why have the contracts for the motorway not been signed. This process has been delayed for at least six months so there is no guarantee of a motorway being built in the foreseeable future.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭bagels

WallyGUFC wrote: »
    dec25532 wrote: »
    Yeah, but why have the contracts for the motorway not been signed. This process has been delayed for at least six months so there is no guarantee of a motorway being built in the foreseeable future.

I've been stuck in the Claregalway tailbacks since 1977.
    I expect to be still there when the next general election takes place in 2016.
    Bypass? Motorway? I'll believe it when i see it.

Advertisement