Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EGB open Mike Nights! - err, open vent server that is

Options
  • 31-01-2011 4:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

Erin Go Bragh

IRISH EXODUS TO DOOMHAMMER EU: Erin Go Bragh are an Irish guild based on the Doomhammer [eu] realm on both Alliance and Horde factions (origionaly horde). We are calling out to all of Ireland's sons and daughters, come brothers, come sister, come together from all all realms to take up Erin's call, make Doomhammer our new promised land, our home away from home.

Too long have we been scattered amoung the EU realms, too long have we been forced to exist in Foreign lands, Foreign Guilds and fighting for Foreign causes speaking tongues not native to our own! - now we ask that for the Cataclysm expansion all our Irish kin come together for this one momentus event!

Make Doomhammer Ours!

See the following thread for more details, this thread is ONLY to do with the VENT Server and open mike nights.

=============================================

So, yarr, whats this about eh? - well.... the irish are a scraggidy lot, always bouncing from one Inn to another Inn, stoning from one side of the world to the other - what with the truce over, azerorth in bits and generally, everything falling asunder its making it quite difficult to get everyone together for some old school Irish mischief.

Anyway,

EGB, are opening our Vent server for a while to other Guilds of Irish decent or Irish WoW players who would like to chat, talk, abuse, stalk, join, molest, blaim, /dance with.

Here are the details, all are welcome

EGB Guild Server

Hostname: ireland.ventriloservers.biz
    IP: 82.195.158.140
    Port: 3818

Play nice!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭noworries

WTB Speex Codec so us Mac users can join

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 utnapishtim

to my knowledge Speex is installed and working correctly?

I don't have a mac and can't connect in the fashion you do to test this configuration. Have you tried to connect or have you assumed that we would not be using that codec?

Tried connecting last week when I transferred over a couple of toons but
    am getting an error message about the Codec on connection.

Speex Codec.

You are correct, I had not applied the codec change correctly. It is done so now.

Welcome MAC users!

Will test it when I get home from work :-) and cheers....most vent admins are not this fast :)

• Advertisement

noworries wrote: »
    Will test it when I get home from work :-) and cheers....most vent admins are not this fast :)

No problem :p - I try to be quick, otherwise - where is the point.

I've not used the speex codec extensivly before, let me know if there are any suggestions about quality control there I could make. GSM worked fine for us in the past, and I hope speex will work out for everyone including the PC and Linux users.

Karaoke Night!

Feb 19th: Be there.... or be square.... live on Vent!

Bring your own drink.[/B]

You must be drunk, this IS a requirement (we're not talking ingame drink here ppl) :D - once completely messed up, come on vent - live music, live sing songs and - the Guild Website Launch! da da daaaaAAAAAA

Prizes announced soon... EGB - Ireland...'s Premier Social Guild (and btw, we appear to be the largest irish social guild about, judging from facebook members that is).

I myself shall be returning to the World of Warcraft this day too! wooo wooo

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Will add the vent details and pop around the odd time for lols maybe ;)

TheDoc wrote: »
    Will add the vent details and pop around the odd time for lols maybe ;)

Your more than welcome mate!

Codecs worked a charm.... heard all loud and clear and I don't think there was any impact on the windows users...

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Omphin

#just call my name, and ill be there!#

Advertisement