Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bad Tv Reception BlackPool

Options
  • 31-01-2011 4:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭

Hi guys anyone know how to get better tv antenna reception? My gf lives in black pool and having alot of trouble getting the tv channels any bit good. All we have are the bunny ears but even when she lived in popes quey she could get all the channels good. Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

Vain wrote: »
    Hi guys anyone know how to get better tv antenna reception? My gf lives in black pool and having alot of trouble getting the tv channels any bit good. All we have are the bunny ears but even when she lived in popes quey she could get all the channels good. Any ideas?

Where in Blackpool are you? The new transmitter in Collins Barracks kicked in a couple of weeks ago for Irish digital tv and she should be able to get a good reception from that. I'm getting a great picture from it just using rabbits ears.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

evilivor wrote: »
    Where in Blackpool are you? The new transmitter in Collins Barracks kicked in a couple of weeks ago for Irish digital tv and she should be able to get a good reception from that. I'm getting a great picture from it just using rabbits ears.

Ballyhooly road St Lukes. Its only a portable tv so dont have a mpeg4 turner for the Irish digital tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

Vain wrote: »
    Ballyhooly road St Lukes. Its only a portable tv so dont have a mpeg4 turner for the Irish digital tv.

Should be able to get a decent analogue signal too.

My bedroom telly only gets analogue and it's fine on just rabbits ears - only tuned it in yesterday actually (watercourse road area).

It's not widescreen or anything but it's perfectly watchable - I'd have a fiddle with if I were you - should be good in that area.

Advertisement