Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

kitchen insurance

• 31-01-2011 4:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

hi
    not sure if this is the right place to post,i recently had an insurance assesor out to the house after some pipes burst during the cold snap and he said they will cover the cost of replacing the kitchen amongst other things.i am just wondering how this works ,do we go and pick a kitchen and they install it ,or do they just replace like for like .has anyone had similar experience and if so what way was it done

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

It depends. Most insurance companies will just agree a price on what it costs to have a kitchen replaced and its up to you and yours to find one and have it fitted.

Companies have been known to get their own builders in to do the job, but with the volume of claims lately its unlikely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 tonyforan

hi sorry to hear about your bad luck and yes they will need a quote and then you will recive the money its up to you to get who you wish to do the job for you i am a fully qualified cabinet maker i can make you out a quote for your kitchen i have photos for my work i can email if required PM me if your interested

Advertisement