Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Camera club for greystones.

Options
  • 31-01-2011 4:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭

There are a few budding photographers here on greystones boards but the nearest camera club I can find is Bray. I know some of you guys get together now and again (which I have not had the opportunity to do yet).
    After trying without luck to contact bray camera club I was wondering why there isn't a club in greystones.
    Has anyone tried setting one up here before? Would anyone be interested in helping set one up, I would be happy to take part in setup if the interest is there.
    I look forward to your thoughts.
    James

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Hi James,
    Photography is one of my hobbies and I certainly would be interested in having a local club/get together for like minded photographers.

By the way there is another night shoot in Dublin soon.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056161227

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭Jimjay

That's great Jon, thought you would be first to reply. :)
    Will see what interest there is then maybe arrange a get together to discuss setting up an official club or even just a regular get together if that's what people want.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭DK32

I'd be interested in a local club :)

@Jimjay

As John suggests, worth trying out one of the next photowalks.
    They are typically organised on boards or Photowalk.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Surfing_Xboxer

100% of interest !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭stcstc

There are two clubs in arklow too

Also there is offshoot. We are a young club, based in conlescourt. We have 75 members and growing

We have members come from much further than greystones too, its not far up the n11

Give me a shout if you are interested, also if you need help setting up etc. As we did it not that long ago

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

Even though I'm not a native of Greystones, I know I'll be moving there in the near future so I would love if there was a camera club. I am totally behind this idea

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭antoniolgj

Hi,

How is this going? I’d be interested in join it.

Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭garden_snapper

Yip yip....i'd be interested and know one more who is not on boards that would he up for it

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Newcomers1

I'd be of for getting involved also.

If all else failed, we've got a few like-minded people here so some type of meet-up might be possible, even if on a social level.

NC

Maybe we could arrange to have a coffee at Costa some time this weekend and chat about this.

• Advertisement

I am interested. I will certainly go along with whatever is arranged. I don't drink coffee though, a nice strong Barry's or Lyons would be perfect :D

I'm not around this Saturday ot Sunday as at a wedding in Kerry. Would love to meet up though.

If you meet up and organise future one's on a casual basis I'd deffo be on for it.

I'm a keen photographer, but want to make sure I'm not too 'light' on equipment for what you are thinking about. :) I've got a Canon 40D, 15-85 IS USM, speedlite external flash and full size tripod. Only recently moved up to this camera and trying to push myself to the limit with it.

NC

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Ray1964

I live in Greystones and I would be really interested in joining and helping set up a local camera club.

How is it progressing?

Regards,

Ray.

How about arranging a meeting of anyone interested in a camera club in the Greystones area. Is there someone out there willing to nominate a night and a venue to meet to see if there is enough interest. I would certainly go along.
    John

I think that sounds like a plan. As it's the first time to meet up, maybe best if we could get anyone interested to give an indication of when they aren't free.

I think a mid-week night (mon-thur) or a weekend morning could be best, so not to take up a weekend afternoon. Anyway, I'm not around on a Tuesday eve, but the rest work for me.

Hopefully all the posters from a few weeks ago see and reply this also, we'll get a good idea of what numbers are interested.

Remember, only a meet-up to discuss some ideas, local photowalks & events (esp with bank hol fest coming up), for now, it's non committal! :-)

NC1

Newcomers1 wrote: »
    I think a mid-week night (mon-thur) or a weekend morning could be best, so not to take up a weekend afternoon. Anyway, I'm not around on a Tuesday eve, but the rest work for me.

Remember, only a meet-up to discuss some ideas, local photowalks & events (esp with bank hol fest coming up), for now, it's non committal! :-)

NC1
    Thats sound, any night Mon to Fri. suits me. Anyone interested in photography regardless of which camera you have would be very welcome.

pixbyjohn wrote: »
    Thats sound, any night Mon to Fri. suits me. Anyone interested in photography regardless of which camera you have would be very welcome.

Mon to Friday fine here too.

Any night of the week works for me. I prefer to keep weekends free :D

How about meeting on Thursday night 21st July at 8.30 in The Carraig Orchard lounge in Killincarrig, its usually quiet enough there. (Next Thursday).

I'll be there John.

• Advertisement

Thursday @ 8.30 is perfect with me.

Will keep an eye on the thread and will PM others that expressed an interest to make them aware of the plans, in case they are still on for it.

Graham

I'll be there.

Tony

I wiil do my very best to be there. I'm playing golf in Druids Glen that day so if I'm finished in time I will go.

Regards,

Ray.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

I'd like to come along if it is open to newcomers?

Rasmus wrote: »

Hi Rasmus,

We are all newcomers as this is an informal meeting to see if there is enough interest in setting up a camera club in Greystones..

Regards,

Ray.

Rasmus wrote: »

Absolutely, the only discussion that's happened about photography, so far, has been all that's on this thread!

Thursday is the first meet-up, see you there.

Graham

It's great to see a bit of interest and movement in this.
    Look forward to seeing everyone on Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

Sounds good to me. I'll be there

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Plenty

My other half loves his photography but hasn't spoken or met up with fellow photographers in the area. I mentioned it to him about your meet up (he's not on boards) and is interested in joining you :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

Cool, I will definitely try to make that. Silly question perhaps, but how will we spot each other? (Never been to that pub)

Advertisement