Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Camera club for greystones.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Newcomers1

Plenty wrote: »
    My other half loves his photography but hasn't spoken or met up with fellow photographers in the area. I mentioned it to him about your meet up (he's not on boards) and is interested in joining you :)

Cool. Most of us, if not all, are unknown to eachother, so he needn't worry.

Not sure how we go about noticing eachother...Someone might have a good idea!

8, possibly 9, of us so far. Looking good.

Graham

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

We will meet in the back of the lounge, it shouldn't be too difficult to cop each other. I have met Swingking and DK32 so if we are there first all you have to look out for is 2 BIG guys and little me between them :D.
    Great to see the interest. CU all at 8.30pm in the Carraig Orchard Thursday night 21st. July.

I will have the attached logo on the table
    5955194823_163f710602.jpg
    DSC_6954 (Large) by pixbyjohn, on Flickr

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭garden_snapper

I'll do my best to be there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 DonS101

Interested in a camera club but unable to make the meeting tonight. Please post up here and keep the rest of us lurkers informed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

Just to confirm, the Carraig Orchard is 'The Carraig', right? The only pub in Killincarraig?

Rasmus wrote: »
    Just to confirm, the Carraig Orchard is 'The Carraig', right? The only pub in Killincarraig?

Yes you are correct, its just I remember it first as the Orchard Inn then the Carraig Orchard and now The Carraig. And before that P J O'Connor and Son.
    The son's name was Dave and he was the photographer for the Wicklow People for many years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

Thanks! I am not a local so I wouldn't know this stuff!

There were 7 people at the meetup tonight. Great to meet everyone.
    We are meeting again next Thursday night at 8.30 pm in same venue.
    Anyone wishing to come along are most welcome.
    Bring your camera loaded with a few photos if you wish.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭DK32

Thanks to everyone who came along tonight. Great to meet you all :)

• Advertisement

Camera club 2nd meetup Thursday 28th July 2011-this coming Thursday.
    All welcome. Venue: The Carraig lounge in Killincarrig.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭Jimjay

pixbyjohn wrote: »
    Camera club 2nd meetup Thursday 28th July 2011-this coming Thursday.
    All welcome. Venue: The Carraig lounge in Killincarrig.

I will try and make it this time. Came down with something last week so couldn't come. What did you guys talk about last week?

Btw what time this week John?

Meeting at 8.30. Hope you can come along this week. We had a general discussion on forming a club, nothing decided as of yet. This week everyone is asked to bring along their camera with a photo if possible.

Meeting at 8.30. Hope you can come along this week. We had a general discussion on forming a club, nothing decided as of yet. This week everyone is asked to bring along their camera with a photo if possible.

Should make it tonight. If anyone reads this before 830, is there anywhere to park car up there?

Thanks

Jimjay wrote: »

Should make it tonight. If anyone reads this before 830, is there anywhere to park car up there?

Thanks

Yep, across the road from it is a carpark. It's alongside some bushes, but enough spaces so you shouldn't have a problem!

See you later!
    Graham

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Ray1964

Thanks

Hi Jimjay. Yes there is parking just opposite the pub down a side road. Looking forward to meeting you then.

Regards,

Ray

• Registered Users Posts: 34 tonyon

Hi, anyone got a contact number for Bray Camera Club?. Any info much appreciated.

Greystones Camera club are meeting Thursday 4th August at 8:30.
    Venue: The Carraig lounge in Killincarrig

Bring along a raw image for editing in Photoshop etc...

All are welcome :D

Hi, they don't appear to have a contact phone number but here is a link to where they have an email address>> http://www.braycameraclub.com/contacts.html

Hi, they don't appear to have a contact phone number but here is a link to where they have an email address>> http://www.braycameraclub.com/contacts.html

I have tried emailing them on a number of occasions but never had a reply.

• Advertisement

I have tried emailing them on a number of occasions but never had a reply.

Same here:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 11 sollisb

Hi Guys,

Jay and Dan PM'd me about the Greystones camera club on Flick. I'm a Bray resident and avid amateur. I'm very interested in joining a club and indeed helping in any way I can. Thursday night is usually my Wife's night out so I'm not sure how often I can attend on Thursdays.

Other than that, I can probably help in areas like a website and helping organising outings or at least give info on my usual haunts.

I'll try make it this Thursday, and if it might help, I can bring a laptop with full Lightroom and PS5 editting along. If nothing else, I/we can pass on Postprocessing information and learn from each other?

We probably all know each other if not by face then def. by flickr work.

Anyways, hopefully I'll see you Thursday.

Ben
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/bensollis/

Ben, sounds cool. We'll have events like photowalks etc also, so you should deffo come on board! About 10 of us at the moment, slowly growing!

Just added you on flickr also, grahammc1

Regards
    Graham

• Registered Users Posts: 11 sollisb

I've checked with a.mate and I can get us free website hosting bit i'll need a domain name. I'll check what's available and get back.

Typing on a HTC so excuse brevity and typing.

Ben

Thanks Ben.
    We will take this one offline.
    We have yet to decide and agree on things such as a charter, club constitution, management, fee's etc for the club, it's very early days yet :)

Look forward to meeting you on Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Rainbowsend

Well done on getting the ball rolling! Would love to join you but hubby wouldnt be to pleased about me going off to the pub to meet a gang of fellas...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

bring him along !! (I'm not a member of Greystones Camera Club) ... but surely Hubby would see that it would be talking about photos and stuff - with maybe the occasional beverage.

Well done on getting the ball rolling! Would love to join you but hubby wouldnt be to pleased about me going off to the pub to meet a gang of fellas...:D

Next Thursday we are meeting on the seafront behind the Old Grand Hotel at 8 pm.
    Last Thursday there were 3 ladies at our meeting.
    As PCPhoto says, bring your hubby along for the walk on Thursday.
    Everyone is welcome

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭pansyflower

Er...where's the Old Grand Hotel?

• Advertisement

Er...where's the Old Grand Hotel?
    or the old La Touche Hotel.
    On the sea road near the Garda Station or between the harbour and Carrig Eden

Advertisement