Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Camera club for greystones.

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Rainbowsend

Er...where's the Old Grand Hotel?

That would be the La Touche Hotel I think?

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭DK32

We are meeting on the beach in front of the La Touche Hotel.
    Map: http://bit.ly/pXm36L

All levels of photographer are welcome to join us.

In the event of rain we will meet in the beach house.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

A large group of photographers gathered on the sea front last evening and some dolphins came out to entertain everyone also a seal popped up for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭pansyflower

When is the next meet-up?

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Newcomers1

Tonight @ 8.30p.m. in the Beach House

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭Jimjay

This evening in the beach house. 830pm i think.

Great thank you

There have been several meetings and there has been a good attendance, 10 members on average attend each Thursday night.
    Meetings lately have been held in the Beach House, Greystones at 8.30 pm on Thursdays.
    The members have been out on several field trips,
    The Spinc in Glendalough for an early morning trek.
    Greystones Seafront where some dolphins were photographed.
    Killiney Beach for an outdoor model shoot with members of Offshoot Photography Society.
    Greystones North Beach for night shots.
    New members are very welcome
    If you are interested in joining or would like more information email greystonescameraclub@gmail.com

• Registered Users Posts: 2 lonestar

pixbyjohn wrote: »
    There have been several meetings and there has been a good attendance, 10 members on average attend each Thursday night.
    Meetings lately have been held in the Beach House, Greystones at 8.30 pm on Thursdays.
    The members have been out on several field trips,
    The Spinc in Glendalough for an early morning trek.
    Greystones Seafront where some dolphins were photographed.
    Killiney Beach for an outdoor model shoot with members of Offshoot Photography Society.
    Greystones North Beach for night shots.
    New members are very welcome
    If you are interested in joining or would like more information email greystonescameraclub@gmail.com

Hi
    I just found this thread. I am living in Greystones and interested. Will drop down to Beach House tomorrow night.

lonestar wrote: »
    Hi
    I just found this thread. I am living in Greystones and interested. Will drop down to Beach House tomorrow night.
    Thats great, keep an eye on this thread, also I will pm my number cos there might be a short photowalk towards Bray Head on the cliff walk tomorrow night instead of a get together in the Beach House.

• Advertisement

lonestar wrote: »
    Hi

PM (private message) sent

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Newcomers1

Tonight we are going to meet opposite the Beach House at 7.50. The plan then is to head for a walk in the cliff walk direction for around hour and half in total....not planning the full walk :-)

If the weather turns, meet at same time and we'll head into the Beach House for a regular meet-up

See you all later
    NC

• Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

I went to the beach house this evening but didn't see anyone. I then went to Greystones north beach. Where did everyone end up

swingking wrote: »
    I went to the beach house this evening but didn't see anyone. I then went to Greystones north beach. Where did everyone end up
    Hi Stephen, we took the cliff walk path half way to Bray, then headed up to the Cliff road and walked back down Windgates road. A lovely evening.
    Pity you missed out on the group.

Mmmm yes, you missed a lovely c. 8k walk. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

Yeah I arrived a tad bit late. Still got some good shots at gstones nth beach

Greystones Camera Club, meeting in Beach House lounge at 8 pm on Thursday night 15th. September 2011
    New members very welcome

• Registered Users Posts: 4 CanonQueen

Looking forward to seeing you all there.

Greystones Camera Club meeting Thursday 6th. Oct. 2011.
    Studio lights night new members very welcome
    This week we will be meeting at the Hillside Parish hall at the earlier time of 7:30. This will give us plenty of time for everyone to work with studio lights, reflectors, light meter as well as off-body flashguns.

Map to Hillside Parish Hall:
    http://g.co/maps/ztxzy

Just a quick reminder about tomorrow's meeting.

Next meeting: Thursday 13th October.
    Venue: Beach House Pub (Lounge)
    Time: 8pm
    Last week was a great night. Members used studio lighting and 16 members attended.

• Advertisement

Please note that this Thursday 27th. October the Camera Club will be meeting at the Hillside Parish Hall on Hillside Road, Greystones at 8pm
    For anyone new, here is a map to the venue.
    http://g.co/maps/zg8wr

Just to let everyone know the latest from Greystones Camera Club.
    Our meeting place is the Hillside Evangelical Hall on Hillside road every Thursday night at 8 pm.
    Last Thursday we had 40 people at the club and the average attendance on club nights has been 28.
    Next Thursday night 1st March 2012 is studio lights demo night, covering studio flash as well as on camera flash, remote flash etc.
    New members very welcome but hurry as the limit on membership is 50 members @ 30 euro per annum + 3 euro per night for the finest coffee, tea and biscuits.
    Looking forward to seeing you there.
    info@greystonescameraclub.ie
    We are on Facebook and there is a website also
    www.greystonescameraclub.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭dudmis

wow, thats a great turnout - well done!

Just to update news on Greystones Camera Club. Membership now stands at 100 and our 4th Photo Exhibition is being held from Thursday 30th July to Thursday 6th August (inclusive) 2015
    Our club nights are held every Thursday at 8pm in Hillside Evangelical Hall, Hillside Road, Greystones. We break for the Summer from end of June until early September.
    More info at info@greystonescameraclub.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 43 campbellu

This is a fantastic record showing how a club was "born". Thanks John. I might type it all out and get members to identify themselves for the club archives.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭DK32

The new Greystones Camera Club website is now live!

http://www.greystonescameraclub.ie/

Click the link to find out about our club, its history and more...

GCC

Advertisement