Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from After hours IM CONFUSED!

• 31-01-2011 5:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭

Well here is my Outrageous story of how i was banned From after hours for No reason what so ever.

Recently i was banned from After hours, I Got No Message in my private messaging thing on boards.ie. Nobody told me i was banned And why i was banned at all. And still to this Day i got no Message on Why i was banned.

I Cant acsess it at All, because it just says you cant acsess this page.

I Always contribute to The forum, i always Share my opinion, Im never nasty to Anyone on this forum.

And the Moderators on After hours just seem to be on a "Banning spree" They would ban even if you Just said a Word That would annoy them... NOT Anyone else Just them!!.

They Treat there job as its like Being the president of The US, There corrupt and Just ban people all day long because they have nothing better to do.

So are you confused?? I Am!!

I Want this sorted now! Its not fair for Anyone to be banned for no reason. And after hours is A Great place i speak to people on aswell.

So someone just Unban me please!! :)

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

You were asked by the mods of after hours on more than one occasion to stop posting links to news stories without leaving your own opinion or comment. After hours is a discussion forum not some sort of news aggregation. If you want to post up links to news stories get a blog, if you want to engage in actual discussion then welcome to after hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

You were asked by the mods of after hours on more than one occasion to stop posting links to news stories without leaving your own opinion or comment. After hours is a discussion forum not some sort of news aggregation. If you want to post up links to news stories get a blog, if you want to engage in actual discussion then welcome to after hours.

I Do engage in some Discussions and i only recieved around 2/3 So called "Warnings" from the mods for nothing serious.

Well if you guys dont like it, Well fair enough, i will live up to your expectations, So can i be unbanned now? :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

RobitTV wrote: »
    I Do engage in some Discussions and i only recieved around 2/3 So called "Warnings" from the mods for nothing serious.

True but the problem is that more often than not you didn't engage in any discussion and just posted links to news stories or quoted, pretty much word for word, from other sources. Plus a warning is still a warning. If we gave people 10 warnings before taking any action then people would just ignore us when we give a warning.
    Well if you guys dont like it, Well fair enough, i will live up to your expectations

That's great.
    So can i be unbanned now? :)

No. Your ban is fair so I won't be lifting it.

ok dont lift my ban but your taking it to far, to permanently Ban for Something thats Not even abit Serious for that Kind of ban. i know i have recieved 2/3 Warnings from the mods, But seriously I Havent done any harm to Anyone on this forum.

you could atleast just tell me what to do and what not to do, Then give me another chance!

No. Your ban is fair so I won't be lifting it.[/QUOTE]

No, Its Not abit fair at all. And you should Change your decision.

• Advertisement

ok dont lift my ban but your taking it to far, to permanently Ban for Something thats Not even abit Serious for that Kind of ban. i know i have recieved 2/3 Warnings from the mods, But seriously I Havent done any harm to Anyone on this forum.

It's not permanent it's for a week. Most trolling and spamming don't actually harm people on the forum yet we have rules for that and many other things. We have these rules to ensure that disruption of the forum is kept to a minimum and to try and keep the forum to a certain standard.
    you could atleast just tell me what to do and what not to do, Then give me another chance!
    I did as did the other mods when they warned you but I'll clarify it for you.

Do - Engage in discussion and post your own thoughts and viewpoints.
    Don't - Just link to news stories or quote/paraphrase other people thoughts/comments/viewpoints.

Normally those do's and don'ts wouldn't apply to a user but because you were consistently doing it we have to apply them to you. Seriously, you did it so often that this is the only thread of yours I remember where you a) haven't quoted a news source in your opening post and b) you posted in again after starting it.

It's not permanent it's for a week. Most trolling and spamming don't actually harm people on the forum yet we have rules for that and many other things. We have these rules to ensure that disruption of the forum is kept to a minimum and to try and keep the forum to a certain standard.

I did as did the other mods when they warned you but I'll clarify it for you.

Do - Engage in discussion and post your own thoughts and viewpoints.
    Don't - Just link to news stories or quote/paraphrase other people thoughts/comments/viewpoints.

Normally those do's and don'ts wouldn't apply to a user but because you were consistently doing it we have to apply them to you. Seriously, you did it so often that this is the only thread of yours I remember where you a) haven't quoted a news source in your opening post and b) you posted in again after starting it.

Well im glad its only for a week, And ok i will apply To the dos and donts. :)

Advertisement