Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

back to college and childcare

Options
  • 31-01-2011 5:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭

hey if anyone can help me it would be great! i was thinking of maby going to LYIT this year, im currently unemployed and getting single parent payment so here goes...

will i still get this payment or do i get some kind of back to education payment??

do i apply for a grant?

will i loose other payments i am getting (rent allowance etc),

is there child care available or is there a payment i can get for childcare?

anyone else going through the same thing?, do you think its worth it or am i wasteing my time?

thank you!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

Check with your local social welfare office, you might be entitled to back to education allowance. This works out at 188 a week for standard applicants. However since your a single parent you might get a different amount.

Btea applicants are also eligible to apply for rent allowance.

By getting btea you also can claim job seekers allowance during the summer months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

Also moved to student finance forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭suzerxxx

thank you!

Advertisement