Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Data Protection Issue

Options
  • 31-01-2011 6:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hi guys,

I thought I'd make a stop here in a effort to resolve this issue before contacting ComReg and the Data Protection Commission for direction on how I should procede.

While attempting to resolve a seperate issue with the Eircom complaints department, the assigned [complaints] phone rep divulged information about the complaint in relation to my account with my partner who happened to answer the phone. The rep even attempted to get her to listen to a recorded conversation between a sales rep and myself which my partner refused to listen to.

I have nobody nominated on my account with whom reps have permission to speak to about my account information.

When I attempted to file a further complaint about what I feel is a data protection issue and a breach of my privacy, my request to do so was denied. My subsequent request to speak with a superviser was also denied. I was told that a note would be made of it but no-one would be contacting me back.

I would greatly appreciate if one of you guys could get back to me in relation to this.

Best regards,

Simon King.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

simon-king wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I thought I'd make a stop here in a effort to resolve this issue before contacting ComReg and the Data Protection Commission for direction on how I should procede.

While attempting to resolve a seperate issue with the Eircom complaints department, the assigned [complaints] phone rep divulged information about the complaint in relation to my account with my partner who happened to answer the phone. The rep even attempted to get her to listen to a recorded conversation between a sales rep and myself which my partner refused to listen to.

I have nobody nominated on my account with whom reps have permission to speak to about my account information.

When I attempted to file a further complaint about what I feel is a data protection issue and a breach of my privacy, my request to do so was denied. My subsequent request to speak with a superviser was also denied. I was told that a note would be made of it but no-one would be contacting me back.

I would greatly appreciate if one of you guys could get back to me in relation to this.

Best regards,

Simon King.
    Hi simon-king
    yes I can understand your point completely. It is not one ever raised with this section but will do my best to chase and get update for you. When you say you were denied speaking with a supervisor and that no-one would be getting back to you, was this from the customer complaints dept?
    Did they explain why no-one would be getting back.
    Would you mind PMing me your tel no so that I can get case history. I should have access to all the details then.
    Apologies for any frustrations caused, will do my best to answer this issue.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 28 simon-king

Thanks for getting back so quickly Tony. Sent you a pm.

Best regards,

simon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

simon-king wrote: »
    Thanks for getting back so quickly Tony. Sent you a pm.

Best regards,

simon.
    No Problem simon-king. I have your PM and will look into this for you now. I will have to go over case history but hope to be back to you early next week. Mon / Tue with update.
    Tony

Advertisement