Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

home movies on Video to convert to DVD...where?

Options
  • 31-01-2011 6:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭

Does anyone know of a business in Galway city that will convert video to DVD? If so, how much did it cost? Could you recommend a place?

I know its probably possible to do it myself, i just can't be bothered. I'd rather pay someone else to do it and get this economy moving again ^_^

Regards,
    Shinto.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Columc

Unsure if a place can do it, but i say maplins or curry's would sell what you are needed to convert it. the item you would be looking for is

VHS to DVD, VHS2DVD usualy whats it called

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Aiel

Theres a place on Dominick St,just down the street from Galway Arms hotel,i forget the name.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭ger vallely

O'Connors on Sean Mulvoy Road, you know the place? They definitely do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Shinto

Excellent. Thanks for your helpful replies everybody. I'll check those places/links out :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

I'm pretty sure O'Connors (opp ESB offices on Sean Mulvoy Road) converts tape to DVD. No idea of cost, tho...

• Registered Users Posts: 25,979 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Aiel wrote: »
    Theres a place on Dominick St,just down the street from Galway Arms hotel,i forget the name.

It's the place that was previously called Hynes, and still has that name outside.

Not sure it's still open though: last time I peeked in the window, some serious building work was under way.

Advertisement