Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barringtons Labs (Limerick) Paternity Services

Options
  • 31-01-2011 6:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,
    has anyone used Barringtons Laboratories (who seem to trade on Barringtons Hospital reputation and avail of their premises) for to have a Paternity test?

In September last year i made a booking for to use their services and the results have gone on to be used in a Family Law case, however some details have recently arisen which now cause me great concern some of these are listed below:
    1. I was told Paternity Test would be carried out in UK (not available anywhere in Ireland), recently found out blood tests taken sent to South Africa.
    2. I was told that a Medical Doctor would take the blood test samples, on the day a Medical Scientist took the blood samples, recently found out a Medical Scientist is not even remotely close to being a Medical Doctor.
    3. Medical Scientist on the day did not use gloves when taking the blood samples, recently found out that this may contaminate the sample.
    4. Medical Scientist took the blood sample from the childs thumb, recently found out that the correct place to take the blood sample from is the childs heel, and i think some of the childs blood may have contaminated the two adult blood samples.
    5. Received a Paternity Test Report from Barringtons Laboratories with errors in the names and that the report is inadequate to be used for legal proceedings.
    I sought a second opinion from another Paternity Services provider on the whole debacle and have been advised that i should get a second Paternity Test, however i´m experiencing issues with the mother in agreeing to this!!

So has anyone ever used Barringtons Laboratories Paternity Services before and did they have a similar experience? (If so how did you resolve it).
    Does anyone know what the exact relationship is between Barringtons Hospital Limerick and Barringtons Laboratories or could point me in the right direction to find out myself.

Any help appreciated.

Concerned Father!!!

Advertisement