Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

metal events/nights in the north west

Options
  • 31-01-2011 7:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

Hi

We live in Bundoran, Co. Donegal and are dying to go to more "metal-events".
    Is there a club, pub, metal night or something like that for metal lovers more or less close to Bundoran?

Any info/help is much appreciated :-)

p.s. our next concerts are Turisas in London (March) and Amon Amarth in Dublin (April). Maybe c u there?!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Please don't use txt speek in this forum. You've a full keyboard in front of you. Laziness is not a substitute for clarity.

As for metal nights in Bundoran, if there isn't one already, have you thought about organising one yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭bigwormbundoran

None in Bundoran, of that I am sure, every now and then Sligo does have metal nights on though , usually in the Clarence as far as im aware, theres often posters flung up round Sligo for them

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Well on your future concerts; I'll be at Bodom/Amon Amarth, so I may indeed see you. Knowing you is another matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

your going to have to travel guys. As someone who grew up in Bundoran and being one of about five people back then who would listen to metal I would say your better of going to Sligo/Dublin/galway/belfast for a night of metal than hanging about Bundoran waiting for it to happen..................

frAg

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭JBnaglfar

As Malice mentioned you might consider organising something yourself. If you can find a venue and some rock/metal bands there's no reason not to give it a try. Some local bands in there should ensure a decent enough turn out as their friends will show up to support them. I grew up in a small town in the west myself and managed to get an occasional fix of metal this way.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19 siraxta

Hi everybody

Thank you all for your replies :-) I appreciate it very much!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 siraxta

Denny M wrote: »
    Well on your future concerts; I'll be at Bodom/Amon Amarth, so I may indeed see you. Knowing you is another matter.

We could meet at the door maybe. Have you been to that venue before? It's our first time to a metal concert in Ireland...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

siraxta wrote: »
    We could meet at the door maybe. Have you been to that venue before? It's our first time to a metal concert in Ireland...
    Yeah, I was there around '06 I think it was for Bodom.. They were touring Blooddrunk at the time. I was there for Opeth too, with Cynic and The Ocean. I quite liked the venue, it was grand for the gigs.

Advertisement