Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

MMR uptake questionnaire

• 31-01-2011 8:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi there,

I am a 4th year student studying Health Promotion. I am currently conducting research for my final year thesis which is based around the Measles, Mumbs and Rubella (MMR) vaccine. I am primarily interested in targeting parents who have refused uptake of the combined MMR vaccine, as well as parents that have accepted the vaccine for their children, and to investigate the different factors that affected / influenced their decision.

I recently came across this website and I am writing as I wish to inquire if parents that view this online forum would be interested in participating in a questionnaire (3-5 mins long) to assist with my research. The questionnaire covers 3 main areas: perceived beliefs of parents regarding combined MMR immunisation, internal and external influences regarding the decision making process, and the primary source(s) of information used by parents to assist with the immunisation decision. The questionnaire will take approximately 3- 5 minutes to complete. All personal data obtained will be maintained confidential, accessible only to the primary researcher and the supervisor directly associated with the research.
    Any questions or comments are appreciated. I can also be contacted via e-mail: rebeccapower555@hotmail.com

Many thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

am happy to do it - pm me

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

same

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭liliq

haven't had a child to have vaccinated yet, but know what decisions will be made when they get here when it come to vaccines!
    would be willing to participate if future decisions count!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 rpower

unfortunately one of the requirements for the study is to be a parent but thank you for your interest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

Yeah you can count me in too..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

my daughter is only 10 months so not sure if we are any use but would happily do your survey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭mohawk

you can count me in too:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

rpower wrote: »
    Measles, Mumbs and Rubella (MMR) vaccine.

Is it not "mumps"?

Will gladly do your survey.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 DAFYDD

count me in :)

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭bensboys

count me in:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement