Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I was asked for my clubcard today..

• 31-01-2011 8:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Stompbox

Yes, I was visiting a Tesco at Dundrum and upon regging ya wan behind the counter went through my details and landed me with this bomb of
    "Have you got a clubcard".

I just went 'wtf' in my head and after an awkward slience said 'err no club card'. Then she just wobbled her head and promptly kept typing into her till.

Now, what frigging relevance is me being a clubcard owner in order to get treatment in a supermarket?Thought Ireland was in the 21st century and why would a Tesco care about my discount enabling beliefs?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

It's a three-peat!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭Scarydoll

I'm having deja vu.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Some one has been reading the Student ID at the Cinema thread.

<shakes head>

irish-stew wrote: »
    Some one has been reading the Student ID at the Cinema thread.

<shakes head>

the hospital thread you mean

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Sweet wrote: »
    Now, what frigging relevance is me being a clubcard owner in order to get treatment in a supermarket?Thought Ireland was in the 21st century and why would a Tesco care about my discount enabling beliefs?

What were you being treated for exactly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Only one man in Ireland can deal with this outrage and that's Joe Duffy!

Imagine this shop assitant asking if you had a clubcard.
    She should be sacked, the dole is too good for her :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,241 ✭✭✭sdanseo

So wait, are you saying she mistreated you because you didn't have a club card?

I mean sorry but what do you expect from a checkout girl, who has to sit in one spot slowly developing RSI for 40 hours a week? Would you have preferred she got up, hugged you in greeting, packed your bags for you, let you off 50 cent and wrote her mobile number on the receipt?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭red menace

Yep it's just one of those stories that get better with retelling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea_old

i have nothing to add, i just want in on the great cardgate debacle

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

i have nothing to add, i just want in on the great cardgate debacle

cardgate?
    You clearly didn't read my rant on adding gate to ever scandel over in Ranting & Raving forum ;)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Well done. You've learned how to use copy and paste and how to create a new thread. Congratulations, you win 7 internets.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement