Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

who's the man on the bike in drogheda?

Options
  • 31-01-2011 8:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭

normally see him around the north road /old quarry area , he has loads of lidl bags on the handlebars , who is he ?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Why?

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭rusty_racer94

Just a normal person, re-using the bags so he won't harm the planet and using a bike to help the environment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

i see him quite often , just wondered who he is, he has loads of bags on the bike

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

He's a homeless fella down on his luck from what I heard. Usually see him on the donore rd on a saturday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭shindig-jp

whelan1 wrote: »
    normally see him around the north road /old quarry area , he has loads of lidl bags on the handlebars , who is he ?

People drop out or are pushed out for a million reasons and ironically some of them don't beg money, are quite happy and resourceful .

Just three weeks ago during that snowy spell I picked up a middle aged hobo in Swords who was hitching north and just needed a ride to the Lusk service station on the M1 , small talk and 10 minutes later having dropped him off I had learned he was on skid row and was taking advantage of the free shower in the newly opened service station.

Strange ! he had a Lidl bag .......Could it be that I crossed into the Twilight Zone .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭kormak

Ha! I've seen that dude a good few times on the new link road from Rosehall to Hill of Rath roundabout...
    Always has tonnes of Lidl bags hanging off his handlebars!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

yes thats him

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭Dony

Yeah I've seen that guy a good few times hanging in and around the old dump when it was there.
    It kinda struck me as odd how young he is but he carries on like a tramp from an era gone by.
    Maybe he's loaded and has us all fooled!

Advertisement