Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Medicare in Oz

Options
  • 31-01-2011 9:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi Guys and Gals

I was wondering if anybody could advise me about medicare in Oz, do you apply for it when your there or can you apply before you go?

I read some information on there site but a little unsure still.

Thank you

Elley

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

elley29 wrote: »
    Hi Guys and Gals

I was wondering if anybody could advise me about medicare in Oz, do you apply for it when your there or can you apply before you go?

I read some information on there site but a little unsure still.

Thank you

Elley

You cannot apply before you arrive
    You can only apply if you have a Permanent visa - what visa you on?

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Ozeire

Elley

Medicare Reciprocal Health Care Agreement between Ireland and Australia happened in Jan 2011
    Visitors from the Republic of Ireland and New Zealand

Overview

The Australian Government has signed Reciprocal Health Care Agreements with the governments of the Republic of Ireland and New Zealand which entitles you to limited subsidised health services for medically necessary treatment while visiting Australia.

http://www.medicareaustralia.gov.au/public/migrants/visitors/ireland-nz.jsp

Looks like you dont apply at all your just covered for cretain things

• Registered Users Posts: 20 elley29

I have a working holiday visa, so would i have to fill out forms or is it covered automatically?

elley

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

elley29 wrote: »
    I have a working holiday visa, so would i have to fill out forms or is it covered automatically?

elley

Automatically - closing thread, lots of information around, do a couple of searches in this forum for any more info

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement