Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lees Road

• 31-01-2011 9:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭

Just wondering if anyone know the length of the cross country track in Lees Road, from the back of the synthetic track , around the back of the astro and around the rugby and gaa fields and back to the track again?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

If I remember it is roughly half a mile but open to correction here.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I'm ashamed to say that I've never been up to Lees Road, I'm more suited to Xbox that x-country :) but looking at the site it seems to be a 3km walking circuit which I assume is the area you mean?

http://www.ennistowncouncil.ie/sportsleisure/leesroad.html

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Fancy That

It's 1.8km all around the perimeter of the pitches, along by back of astro turf and synthetic track. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭blueshark22

Fancy That wrote: »
    It's 1.8km all around the perimeter of the pitches, along by back of astro turf and synthetic track. :)

Thanks guys, no i'd say the 3kms refers to the trails in the woods , Fancy - you sound the most convincing il take it that its 1.8k:). I have started doing a bit of jogging up there recently after a bit of a lay off so was interested to see what kind of times i was doing....lets just say i was hoping it was longer!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Shane Slv

I have measured the distance a couple of times using gps and i usually get between 1.2 and 1.4 k, i just use 1.25k when training up their because its easy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭jprboy

Shane Slv wrote: »
    I have measured the distance a couple of times using gps and i usually get between 1.2 and 1.4 k, i just use 1.25k when training up their because its easy.

I'd say you're pretty close to the mark there, Shane. I did that circuit over the Christmas period and that seems about right.

Advertisement