Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonmel Museum

Options
  • 31-01-2011 9:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hiya

Going to Clonmel Museum tomorrow for a class project, just wondering what people think of it as a museum in general? If you've been there what did you think of it? Would like to get some local opinions too if anyone lives nearby...?

Thanks!

Susieu

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,432 ✭✭✭cml387

Well,what did you think of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 susieu

I thought it was actually lovely and the staff there were really really nice and extremely knowledgeable and helpful. But it seems no one else has any opinions on it............

• Registered Users Posts: 8,432 ✭✭✭cml387

susieu wrote: »
    I thought it was actually lovely and the staff there were really really nice and extremely knowledgeable and helpful. But it seems no one else has any opinions on it............

Give it time,this little corner of boards.ie is a gentle spot where we take our time and don't rush.

What did you think of Bobby Ballagh's paintings?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭touts

I would agree that it's a fantastic building and staff but I always come away with the feeling that it's a little empty. There is a lot of filler material from 20th century hurlers/musicians and strange modern art exhibitions. It has great potential it would be nice to see the overcrowded National museum share some of the stuff they have hidden away in storerooms and basements with local museums like this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

I agree touts. Seems like it is a little 'empty' but it's a fine building. More displays would be nice. Am a fan of the admittedly small Cromwell in Clonmel display but more information like layouts of the town, information on walls, dispositions of forces (by a secondary source even) would be welcome.

The Museum is fine but displays of a national or county scale and not just restricted to Clonmel would be interesting.

• Advertisement
Advertisement