Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cat with no tail - advice needed

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

'Socks' is going to the vet tomorrow, to get her tail fixed and probably get spayed, too, while we're there.

If you need me to do transport to Spadina I can do any weekday evening will be passing by Briarhill Vets on my way home.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭greeneyedspirit

Good morning all,

so Socks has just been brought to the vet - she spent the night in the house, not a bother on her :)
    She was meow-ing in the car, didn't like that journey particularly, but she was fine then at the vets.

I'll keep ye updated on her progress :) I'm so glad that she's finally getting sorted, and getting the attention she needs.

TillyGirl wrote: »
    If you need me to do transport to Spadina I can do any weekday evening will be passing by Briarhill Vets on my way home.
    Thanks a lot TillyGirl, we'll be alright dropping her out to Spadina - it's not that far on the motorway :) I appreciate the offer though!
    She'll be out either tonight or tomorrow night, depending on how it all goes.

Another quick update on how 'Socks' is getting on - she was operated on yesterday (the tail + got spayed, too), and the vet kept her in overnight. So now she has a shaved bottom + side, I'd say she looks raggedy as hell :p
    Apparently she's only a young cat, around 2 years old, or not much older than that.
    She'll be brought to Spadina for her recovery week then tonight!
    I must say, I've become quite attached to the fluffbag! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭pookiesboo

Just saw this thread. Its great that that cat wandered near you, very lucky! Hope it all goes well for ye!:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭echosound

Well done to you and to Spadina for giving this cat the attention and care (and love!) it needs and deserves, delighted "socks" is over her treatment and hope she'll recover well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,726 ✭✭✭Worztron

Please take the poor cat to the vet immediately. She could get an infection with that wound. I only dread to think what happened to her tail. Take care.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

Sorry, I should have read the latter posts.

I'm glad Socks is through the operation. I wish her a speedy recovery. Did the vet say anything about her balance with having no tail?

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

We've just delivered a fairly happy cat to Spadina, I'm amazed at how unfazed Socks seemed by all of this! A bit of meowling in the car, and that's all.

The operation went well, her tail looks SO much better, and she seems to be a much happier cat in herself now.

She's in a perfect place now for some quality recovery time, under the watchful eye of Spadina.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Another update, Socks is curled up on a cushion beside me, she bounced around the room for a bit earlier, is shockingly cheerful for a cat that just had surgery, ate a few bits of dry food and has been sleeping/purring during rubs for the rest of the night, she is a serious cutie and is very lucky to have wandered to greeneyedspirit :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

This thread is awesome and makes me smile.

Socks \o/

Spadina wrote: »
    Another update, Socks is curled up on a cushion beside me, she bounced around the room for a bit earlier, is shockingly cheerful for a cat that just had surgery, ate a few bits of dry food and has been sleeping/purring during rubs for the rest of the night, she is a serious cutie and is very lucky to have wandered to greeneyedspirit :)

:D awwww! Thanks for the update Spadina!
    I'm very much taken by how good she is, and how happy she is now! And she purrs like a tank.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 582 ✭✭✭blondie7

awww fair play to you both guys, socks looks adorable. I have a cat with no tail too and he is the most affectionate little thing its like they know what you done for them :D

Hi greeneyedspirit. I'm delighted to hear that Socks is doing well. :)

Here is a nice quote I found about cats ~
    Hippolyte Taine: I have studied many philosophers and many cats. The wisdom of cats is infinitely superior.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭pookiesboo

Delighted to read he's doing well, fair play guys!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭fatmammycat

Aw, this thread is just so full of win. :) Well done!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 jets799

my cat had to get his till of as well, doing great now, balance is fine and he is as happy as ever:)

Update, Socks is doing great, very friendly cat, loves company, this is her on the couch with my dog, who *really* wants to be friends but has to settle for Socks tolerating her :)

5419725962_f36cbf6182.jpg

Spadina wrote: »
    Update, Socks is doing great, very friendly cat, loves company, this is her on the couch with my dog, who *really* wants to be friends but has to settle for Socks tolerating her :)

Fantastic, glad to see Socks is happy out! Can't wait to see the fuzzface again next week :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,521 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Your dog appears to be plugged in. :D

Anyway, great to hear that everything has turned out well.
    It's stories like this that reinforces this section of Boards as one of the best.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Yogi_Bear

Wonderful happy ending - everyone wins - even the dog gets a buddy :)

Yogi_Bear wrote: »
    Wonderful happy ending - everyone wins - even the dog gets a buddy :)

That dog already has a best buddy, my cat, but a new buddy is much more exciting, even if it is only temporary! :)

Another quick update on how Socks is doing - she's back with me now, and kept indoors for now because I'm bringing her to the vet again tonight for a check-up, to see how she's doing - she seems totally fine, though, which is brilliant.
    She wants to go outside, but will have to wait until tomorrow morning with that!
    Next up: litter training (she has no clue of how to use a litter box, sadly) :(

I've posted this in the Pet Pic thread already, but she's just too cute not to post it in her own thread, too -

2C5F5FFC75E746DBB477F2C01F7D5AB9-0000324172-0002160652-00640L-FD8298C47F2B408A98C8441C94FCCE98.jpg

According to the vet last night, everything's healing up perfectly, she's got a bit of the kitty flu, but that's it.
    Last night, she hopped up onto the couch and curled up between OH and me - SO sweet, I didn't expect that at all!
    Socks spent the morning outside, and was waiting for me outside the house when I got home from work! How sweet is that. Now she's curled up in front of the radiator, nice and cosy.
    Happy cat, happy ending :)

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭lesserspottedchloe

Aw she's adorable! Well done for doing such a great job-it's so nice to know that there are such kind and loving people out there that help these poor little guys-I just wish there were more! If you ever need a catsitter ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭faw1tytowers

Looks like our old family cat Spats who lived 16 years and had four white socks hence we called it spats(the shoes). Loved that cat now I have a new kitten and I had forgoten how rewarding it is to have cats. They give so much affection. Congrats on your adoption, or should I say congrats to socks on adopting you :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 959 ✭✭✭maringo

Well done - wasn't Socks lucky to find help and kindness - we could do with a lot more of that great to see such a happy beginning for Socks with her new family.:)

Another quick update on Socks - she's settled in perfectly, friendly little thing, likes her own space, but does love getting her belly rubbed if she's in the right mood for it.
    She's waiting for us when we get home in the evening :D

Here she is, scampering off into the wild
    B94D8ABBBF6A482488ABD26C7DAAD8EF-0000324172-0002176889-00640L-5E6A44B29BEE486193B6B3A464AB56BA.jpg

Advertisement