Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

78% signal quality on silvercrest receiver

• 31-01-2011 11:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

New to this so forgive silly questions.
    I've got a lidl 80cm dish and receiver dvb-s sl65.
    It's on astra 28e and i cant improve signal intensity above 78%.
    Signal quality similiarly fluctuates between 70 and 76%.
    I'm using the white coax supplied and have an uninterrupted view of the sat in the sky.
    I've all good connections on the f connectors and the cable run is relatively short through the attic with less than a metre outdoors.
    Is it this cheap coax thats causing my poor signal?

Don't know if it helps but here is the other info up on the info screen:
    LNB freq 9750 10600 Video PID 5600
    Trans freq 10818 Audio PID 5601
    Symbol rate 22000 PCR PID 5600
    Polarity V Text PID 5603
    Diseqc 2/4 Sub PID 5604
    Version: 1084h-C65gb.

I've tweaked the dish over and over but these are the best results i can manage.
    Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭polyfusion

The level is fine; if you were dropping into the low 50's or 40's, you'd begin to see the picture pixelate, but at nearly 80%, you're flying.

I'd expect it possible to get a bit higher with a top-end LNB, but for getting 28E in Ireland, not worth the effort (maybe if you were trying to get 26E on a 1m dish it would be more important).

Also, have you played with the lnb skew to maximise the signal further?

Also, the frequency you quoted (10818 V) is one of the stronger transponders on 28.2E. To be sure you're getting the best out of the dish, you want to be making sure that you're getting the weaker transponders on Eurobird at 28.5E. If I ever need to set up a dish, I maximise the signal on a channel such as Zone Horror, or some of the Movies4Men channels. If you can get them up into the high 70's or 80's, you've probably got it as good as you can get it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

LNB Skew can vary quality from 100% to zero.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 CD22

Thanks for that.
    Yes i'm pretty sure i've the best possible lnb skew.
    I might try upgrading the lnb.
    I've had the set up unopened up in the attic for the last 3 years.
    Gettin a bit of fun out of it now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Not worth it.

Also "quality" meters on stbs are not very accurate.

If it's above 55% and no channels pixelate it's fine.

Advertisement