Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PVR Queries, Questions, Advice, etc

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Tallon wrote: »
    VLC can't decode it, you will need to play it in Media Player

Cheers.

Mam kicked me out of the sitting room, and now it won't show on my tv (now taken off the wall, and all the wires are pushed in fully). I change ps display from HDMI to Component / D terminal and when I change to the component channel I get a black screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

You can get them in harvey normans , and sometimes pc world stock them.

Good luck Lee

Got it working! :D

Thanks so much Tallon and everyone who helped :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

\:D/

You said on Kev's thread that 720p is fine to record in, but it looks all blurry on my tv (32"). Audio seems to be a little out of sync with videos aswell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭JustPaddy1

I recently got a hd pvr but when I open the recording in windows movie maker it wont play. I can upload them straight to youtube without any bother and the quality is great but I cant edit it before I put it online.

I've been told it might be because of my graphics card (I have a Samsung N210 plus).

Any help would be appreciated. :D Thanks :D

What happens when you try to play it in WMM?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Everyone seems bitten by the PVR bug, so I'm going to put a catch-all thread as a sticky...

🤪

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    Everyone seems bitten by the PVR bug, so I'm going to put a catch-all thread as a sticky...
    Sweet, I don't have to keep explaining :p

Tallon wrote: »
    What happens when you try to play it in WMM?

Well I did it yesterday and a green bar in the bottom left hand corner loaded up but when that was done there was a picture of a clock on each frame of the video. But today there was no green bar and no clocks but still wont let me do a thing.

• Advertisement

Very strange.

Could you post a screenshot?

WMM.png

But now i'm getting this error with the pvr.

WMM-1.png

happens to everyone all the time, just restart the PVR a few times and the application.

Don't know about the WMM

Could it be the graphics card?

I suppose, Is it a laptop?

What spec?

No idea i have a Samsung N210 plus netbook.

Can anyone be a hero and upload a screeny of their record and render settings please? No matter what I've tried to change nothing will fix the audio lagg I'm having, it's nearly 2 seconds behind in videos and I don't want to have to manually sync every little clip I'm making.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

Is there any point in rendering a video in vegas if your arnt editing it or anything? I know the file will be slightly larger..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Toastghost

Im a big follower of the call of duty community on youtube and would love to be a part of it.

So im looking to buy a reasonably cheap capture card with good quality.A hd pvr preferably.

Any one selling?:)

http://www.youtube.com/user/ToastGhostHD

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭norbert64

This card of any use, as a possible alternative to the HD PVR or Blackmagic Intensity/Pro?
    http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300496533148

• Advertisement

it only works out about 20-30 euro cheaper

Actually, its dearer than the PVR

Best to post on www.Adverts.ie Wanted section

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 SteoLeFlem

I recently got a HD Pvr From the www.hauppauge.com Site for my Birthday
    and Unfortantly i cannot use it on my Hdmi Television.I Do not want to have to pay another 200 euro for a Full HD televison so i can use the HD Pvr. I Cannot Seem to find a Hdmi Converter To HD. Could Anybody Help? :confused:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

A Hauppage uses component, not HDMI.

You just need to buy a component cable for the PS3 (these are cheap enough and I'm told you can buy them in Tesco). As far as I know virtually every HD TV has component connections. That's the big white cable you got with your PVR.

Just FYI there's a hauppage sticky at the top of the forum and Tallons excellent guide to recording. You would do well to check them out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 SteoLeFlem

A Hauppage uses component, not HDMI.

You just need to buy a component cable for the PS3 (these are cheap enough and I'm told you can buy them in Tesco). As far as I know virtually every HD TV has component connections. That's the big white cable you got with your PVR.

Just FYI there's a hauppage sticky at the top of the forum and Tallons excellent guide to recording. You would do well to check them out.

i dont have a ps3 have an xbox 360. yea but i have hdmi television with no componets just hdmi cable and the red yellow white cables. ill take a look at Tallons Guide Thanks man.

SteoLeFlem wrote: »
    i dont have a ps3 have an xbox 360. yea but i have hdmi television with no componets just hdmi cable and the red yellow white cables. ill take a look at Tallons Guide Thanks man.

You can still get an Xbox component cable for fairly cheap.

However if the TV doesn't have component input and you need to convert it, you need something like this as well.

http://www.cecompass.com/multi-functionalhdmidvicomponentvideoypbprcompositeaudiospdifaudiotohdmispdifswitchswitcherselectorandconverter.aspx

It's expensive because converting to HDMI involves encoding and other stuff. It's not simply changing the orders of a few wires.

I don't know if it's lagless either- although depending on what type of game you're playing this mightn't be too important.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭desodon

Hi I got a HD PVR and I have it connected to my television via 5 coloured phono connectors (green blue red orange yellow). However it is coming up on my television in black and white does anyone have any ideas thanks very much? MY Xbox is connected into the PVR and that is set to PAL 60 but have no other ideas how to fix this any help would be great thanks.

If you connect the xbox component cable directly into the TV is it still black and white?

B and W output is usually just a sign of a loose connection. Double check everything's in nice and tight.

BTW there's a hauppage sticky above.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭desodon

Hi there thanks for reply. I don't have a component out of X Box it uses standard rca out (red, white, and yellow). Then the video output of PVR is component it seems. any ideas? thanks again? What is a sticky?

• Advertisement

Why did you buy a PVR if you're going to be playinh in Standard Definition?

Buy some xbox component cables, that will sort your problem, and give you a much much better picture

Advertisement