Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AGRICULTURAL ECONOMICS

• 31-01-2011 11:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

So im thinking of doing it for my Leaving. Im in 5th year and just trying to get information about it.
    Iv looked at the exam papers online and it doesnt same too bad.

Is there any books for it or can you download the syllabus?
    Anyone ever do it before or know where you could get grinds in it?
    I was told by someone today that if your doing agri science you cant do it, is that just a load of rubbish???:confused:
    Already doing agri and economics:D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 204 ✭✭readystudypass

bren098 wrote: »
    I was told by someone today that if your doing agri science you cant do it, is that just a load of rubbish???:confused:

Already doing agri and economics

"Candidates may not take any of the following subject combinations [...]

2. Economics and Agricultural Economics"

http://www.examinations.ie/index.php?l=en&mc=ca&sc=sb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

There is also a project involved and I suspect like the ag science one it has to be graded by your teacher. That would be the biggest stumbling block. As was said in the previous post you can't take it with economics.

Only about 30 students sat Ag Economics last year. The Institute of Education, Leeson St are offering it this year for the first time so you could go there but it would mean dropping economics. Which seems a bit pointless.

There are even less resources for Ag Econ than Ag Science. There are no books and the syllabus is 2 pages long ... and I thought Ag Science was bad with a five page syllabus!

http://www.education.ie/servlet/blobservlet/lc_agri_economic_sy.pdf?language=EN

Advertisement