Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

If you were to get married...

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

bollocks to marriage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Seriously, the kind of women who take control like that nauseate me. Some of us dont want to have comlplete control over the men in their lives. And i'm and old wan. I'm also a single wan, and am begining to wonder do ye actually want to marry controlling bitches?

Jeez.. I was just takin' the piss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭Guill

Kiera wrote: »
    I'm 31, it's too late for me so i'll pretend to have made up my mind to never get married :)

FYP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Guill wrote: »
    FYP

Haha, good one :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭JimmyCrackCorn

Iraq

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,166 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Seriously, the kind of women who take control like that nauseate me. Some of us dont want to have comlplete control over the men in their lives. And i'm and old wan. I'm also a single wan, and am begining to wonder do ye actually want to marry controlling bitches?

My wife had complete control over our wedding. I was about to get offended by your comment until I realised that the reason she had complete control was because I contributed the square root of f'ck all to the planning and preparation. One man's loss of control is another's welcome gift of free time. :D

On the matter of venue, in our case the decision was driven by the reality that there were several important elderly guests who would have been unable to travel.

We had a lovely local reception for about 80 people, and it cost well under €4k all in. For that money we might have got a handful of people to a beach somewhere. Why not leave the sun and sand for the honeymoon?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Odats

If I was to get married and that is a big IF, I'd like it to be a small intimate wedding with just close family and friends (80/100 max) at a local church and small reception nearby hotel.
    Plain and simple nothing OTT like my Big Fat Gypsy Wedding.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭LambsEye

A Botanical Gardens in New York then reception on a rooftop overlooking the city at night.

Y'know.........off the top of my head like...It's not like I have this all planned or anything...um......I CERTAINLY don't have secret sketches of my dress or anything.......Um..UM.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 506 ✭✭✭common sense brigade

i got married in Vegas! on spur of the moment when we were on a driving holiday for a month in usa. was fantastic!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭NoDice

No Atari Jaguar?? :(:(:(

Haven't thought about it tbh and don't think I will until the time comes - if it does. I'd respect whatever the OH would want too seeing as I've no preference. I'd say something cheap anyway!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I don't want to get married, because it's stupid and pointless and anyone who disagrees is wrong.

WRONG!!!!!

NoDice wrote: »
    Haven't thought about it tbh and don't think I will until the time comes - if it does. I'd respect whatever the OH would want too seeing as I've no preference. I'd say something cheap anyway!

I pride myself on being one of those awful, "strong, independent woman" types, but when it comes to weddings, I'm a mushball. I want a big one! With tinkly jazz music and flowers e'erwhere and candles and the most beautiful dress in the world that hugs my curves with a demure sexiness. Sigh.

***Glazed eyes.

That all don't come cheap.

LambsEye wrote: »
    I pride myself on being one of those awful, "strong, independent woman" types, but when it comes to weddings, I'm a mushball. I want a big one! With tinkly jazz music and flowers e'erwhere and candles and the most beautiful dress in the world that hugs my curves with a demure sexiness. Sigh.

***Glazed eyes.

Pic or gtfo!

• Advertisement

Guill wrote: »
    Durty.....

The link really gave me away: "/fat-woman-exercising.jpg"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,349 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Elope!

I don't want to get married, because it's stupid and pointless and anyone who disagrees is wrong.

WRONG!!!!!

So's your face!

• Advertisement

***Glazed eyes.

It's genuinely something I just have never thought about! Though the gardens followed by a reception overlooking the city of NYC only sounds amazing!

I've never thought of a venue or dress tbh! Always just kind of thought since I'm not bothered and if that option arises I'll leave it up to the man to organise. :)

Ha nice pic btw!!

I demand Atari Jaguar be added to the poll options. I love voting in polls! :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

bluewolf wrote: »
    So's your face!
    :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Kimono-Girl

WRONG!!!!!

but....but.....:(

im never wrong.

A Botanical Gardens in New York then reception on a rooftop overlooking the city at night.

Y'know.........off the top of my head like...It's not like I have this all planned or anything...um......I CERTAINLY don't have secret sketches of my dress or anything.......Um..UM.

This is but ONE of my scenarios.
    It's genuinely something I just have never thought about! Though the gardens followed by a reception overlooking the city of NYC only sounds amazing!

I've never thought of a venue or dress tbh! Always just kind of thought since I'm not bothered and if that option arises I'll leave it up to the man to organise. :)

Ha nice pic btw!!

Yeah, I'm a ride like.

How can you not have thought! If you leave it up to the man you'll be walking down the aisle (of your local boozer,) to the Match of the Day theme tune. Foolish men.

In America, there is a WHOLE CHANNEL dedicated to weddings. And I can honestly say I can't watch 4 minutes without transmoggrafying into a snotzery weepmess. I love weddings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Eurgh, marriage!! Might be up some people's street but it's about as appealing to me as a bowl of slushy, sloppy diarrhea with a thick coating of piss-drenched, mouldy cheese on top..............with a tall glass of pus from a horse's cyst.

No plans or desire for kids or marriage at all but since 95%* of women's lives are "incomplete" without such things then I'll have to eat my words or be..............forever alone...........

*Completely random statistic

This is but ONE of my scenarios.

Yeah, I'm a ride like.

How can you not have thought! If you leave it up to the man you'll be walking down the aisle (of your local boozer,) to the Match of the Day theme tune. Foolish men.

In America, there is a WHOLE CHANNEL dedicated to weddings. And I can honestly say I can't watch 4 minutes without transmoggrafying into a snotzery weepmess. I love weddings.

No way man. I guess I just don't get it! Nothing about it appeals to me.. I'd want to buy a house first and then start thinking about things like that. I'd prefer to spend the money on my home, or a super holiday or something. Man I'm a crap person!

Ha ha a wedding channel? Christ. That'd drive me mad!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

No way man. I guess I just don't get it! Nothing about it appeals to me.. I'd want to buy a house first and then start thinking about things like that. I'd prefer to spend the money on my home, or a super holiday or something. Man I'm a crap person!

Buying a house together is the new marriage. That'll do for me anyway. I'll wear a white dress on the day we sign :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

In the mountains in North Carolina or Tennessee.

Or Vegas :cool:

Malari wrote: »
    Buying a house together is the new marriage. That'll do for me anyway. I'll wear a white dress on the day we sign :cool:

You heartless harlots!! "Houses," BAH who needs em when you have loooooooooooooooove and a GORGEOUS wedding album.

Oh God. Somebody, put me out of my misery. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭cjmcork

high five girlfriend - I also see some of my male friends are married to some wagons and I wonder why they put up with it!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭cjmcork

Gretna Green if I absolutely HAD TO get married.............my mother always said she just wanted a call from the airport to say I was married - we don't even know anyone working in the airport! :D (and I was the only daughter for years!)

my biggest thing for the whole day is the car (sad, I know), but I don't like enough of my relatives to pay €100 a head to feed them for the day!!!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭Jaxxy

Don't think I'd fancy getting married, but if I had to then definitely Vegas baby!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

You heartless harlots!! "Houses," BAH who needs em when you have loooooooooooooooove and a GORGEOUS wedding album.

Oh God. Somebody, put me out of my misery. :o

Oh, I do have looooooooooooove. :p But no one will ever persuade me that dressing in a generic white dress, getting fake nails and skin colour, employing an professional to do hair and make-up then traipse around the grounds of a church or castle or something, striking ridiculous poses on swings is a good idea.

That just ain't my bag baby. :cool: Maybe one day we'll skip the wedding and just do the honeymoon, holiday of a lifetime.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Up-n-atom!

Not holding my breath that it'll ever happen but...on Cable Beach in Broome would be cool - the wedding party could arrive on camels:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

I'd probly do it up the height of the Wickla' mountains

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭Azureus

I've always said that I wouldnt say no to the ring, and defo wouldnt say no to the honeymoon but the actual wedding part aint my bag! If I was to get married it'd probably end up being spontaneous and in Vegas or on a beach somewhere.
    The whole white dress and a big paid-for reception aint happening, too self indulgent for my liking so any of that kinda thing is out! I can party with the familia and friends anytime, I dont need to be in a meringue!

Advertisement