Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blackberry Storm 2 Help

Options
  • 01-02-2011 12:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭

Hi can somebody help me. I have the BB storm 2 and when I try to download apps it says your system administer has prevented installation of third party application. contact your system administrator. Which I have. It is O2. and they they it isnt blocked. Now I did buy it off ebay and it was a vodafone phone. Got it unlocked. but I wonder would vodafone have blocked it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Mad_Mike

Sounds like there's an IT Policy on the phone
    You will need to write a new blank policy
    See here for instructions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭poolfan

Hi thanks for that
    I did all the steps up to download policy.bin but then It wont download it it asks for which program to open it with. for which I cant do!

Hi.
    I actually found a simpler quicker way since which will work with the Storm 2
    http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/Remove_IT_Policy
    Have a look at Method One on that page
    You don't need to wipe the operating system at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭poolfan

thanks foer your help mad mike, but when i get to the down jl_commander link it brings me to another blackberry forum page when i get to that link it says i have to logged in when i joined up but then when i go to log in i get to the point where it says 'if the browers does not log you in/ get you ther '? click here and i never log in! major frustrations! any other tips or pages tat I can download jl_comander?

Here you go

• Advertisement
Advertisement