Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slow data transfer speeds on my Linksys WRT610N

Options
  • 01-02-2011 12:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭

I am trying to transfer a 10GB file to my HTPC running Windows 7 from a PC upstairs. I have the firewall disabled and am using a Wireless N router. My HTPC is plugged directly into this router. I am getting really slow file transfer speeds (ie 500 kbps).

I am using an Acer Revo 3600 with an NVidia networking card. Are there any setttings I should change on this card? I read on the net about turning on and off IPV4, flow control etc.

(I thought this was a problem with the computer I have the file on and the router but I checked elsewhere and both are working fine. My internet connection is much faster than my file transfer speed.)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

So are you using wired connections to both computers? (its not entirely clear)

I seem to remember that there was a bug in Vista where file copy speed was abysmal.... is the pc upstairs running Vista?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

OSX upstairs wirelessly and Windows 7 downstairs wired.

Seems to have rectified itself. Although now I can't see my network share in OSX but I can in Windows 7.

Advertisement