Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAA tips from the Amateur

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Sir Vival

This weekend's fancies..

Bet 1: Double

(1) Kildare(-2) v Sligo @8/13
    I expect a big backlash from kildare this week following mcgeeney's damning enditement of them last week labeling the forwards "terrible" and "pathetic". On their day kildare are a class act and should have too much for sligo who aren't the same team without david kelly.

(2) Galway v Dublin @8/13
    I know dublin have nothing to play for while galway have everything to play for but on paper dublin should come through this. Even though dublin have a recent poor record against galway in the nfl, I can't back against an inside forward line of b.brogan, connolly and a.brogan. I just can't see galway's endeavour to survive the drop being enough as I don't think they've enough quality all over the pitch.

€18.36 returns €47.91

Bet 2: Double

(1) Westmeath(-1) v Offaly @10/11
    Don't know what my fascination with westmeath teams is but I really like backing them. I think they'll push on and get promotion to div. 2 having found good form over the past few rounds.

(2) Wicklow(-3) v Clare @ evens
    Wicklow in aughrim are a formidible team and have the capability of putting up big scores. Clare were hammered by a vastly depleted fermanagh team in the last round and face a more daunting away trip this weekend.

€10 returns €38.18

In-play: €28.36
    Closing Bank: €90 (€-10)

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Daryl Strawberry

Unlucky with the bets today Sir, lot of close games

Unlucky with the bets today Sir, lot of close games

Yeah i'll just put those bets down to bad luck. Bet 1 looked very solid at one stage with Dublin winning by 6pts and Kildare winning by 5pts but alas...

In-play: €0
    Closing Bank: €90 (-€10)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭tomombo

well cork u21s -2 v galway 10/11 what you think?

has to be a dead cert for all accums this weekend?

tomombo wrote: »
    well cork u21s -2 v galway 10/11 what you think?

has to be a dead cert for all accums this weekend?

Not too sure about this game. Cork are definitely being over-hyped and the galway team they're playing are decent. Think i'll hang onto my money.

• Advertisement

Had a look through the markets and really like the look of this bet.

Cavan(u-21s) over 12.5pts @10/11.

Very strong cavan team this year having won the ulster championship beating tyrone in the final. They have showed great consistency all year and won the hastings cup (pre-championship tournament) at a canter beating connaught final champions Roscommon twice along the way.

Although they played only 3 days ago I think that on a perfect day for football like it is today they should get 13pts or more.

€22 returns €42

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭dougal-maguire

Sir Vival wrote: »
    Had a look through the markets and really like the look of this bet.

Very strong cavan team this year having won the ulster championship beating tyrone in the final. They have showed great consistency all year and won the hastings cup (pre-championship tournament) at a canter beating connaught final champions Roscommon twice along the way.

Although they played only 3 days ago I think that on a perfect day for football like it is today they should get 13pts or more.

€22 returns €42

i cant see it being less than 15 points for cavan.great conditions and a very good team.quality bet IMO

€22 returns €42

Bet wins... just... Cavan scored 1-10 (13pts)

Gonna put €10 on Galway(-1) @evens, reasoning GAA betting thread c/o KevIRL

In-play: €10
    Closing Bank:€100 (+/- €0)

A double for me this week combining the div.4 and div. 3 NFL finals.

(1) Roscommon (under 17.5pts) @8/11.
    This bet stuck out to me when looking through the markets. It's seems like a very big target to me. Putting up 18pts or equivalent is a big ask for any team. Croker could well suit Ros but Longford are no mugs and have improved defensively this year. The game could go either way (like longford(+2) @8/11..) so i'll stick with the unders.

(2) Westmeath v Louth @8/11
    I fancy westmeath to take this by a couple of points. Although they're without dessie they have a nice looking forward line and they're recent form is impressive. Louth seem to mix the good with the awful so hopefully they show they're awful side today.

€25 returns €74.59

In-play: €25
    Closing Bank: €75 (-€25)

Last bet lost due to Westmeath's disappointing performance.

Smaller bet this week...

I also have a bet running posted in the GAA betting thread but I won't count it towards the log.

(1) Cavan (u-21) over 12.5pts @11/10.
    I think they'll definitely be aiming to score over 13pts before off and with the firepower they have and the good conditions for football I think they can achieve it.

(2) Kilkenny v Dublin @4/9
    Just can't see the dubs beating the cats, simple as that really.

(3) St. Lomans v St. Malachys @3/10
    Reasoning in the GAA Betting thread.

€15 treble returns €59.15

In-play: €15
    Closing Bank: €60 (-€40)

• Advertisement

Last bet lost.

€50 on Western Gaels v St. Aidans @4/5

Check out the GAA Betting Thread for details..

In-play: €50
    Closing Bank: €10 (-€90)

Last bet lost.

€50 on Western Gaels v St. Aidans @4/5

Check out the GAA Betting Thread for details..

In-play: €50
    Closing Bank: €10 (-€90)

This won easily. Still deciding what i'll go with for my main bet this week.

It will definitely include kilmore though in the roscommon championship...

Closing Bank: €100 (€+/- 0)

Just set up an account with Boyles and placed €20 on Kilmore to beat St. Croans in the ros championship @4/9.

Small bet + short odds but it qualifies me for a €40 free bet which i'll get tomorrow regardless of the above bet winning or losing so i'll have another bet tomorrow with bigger stakes and bigger prices.

In-play: €20
    Closing Bank: €80(-€20)

Just set up an account with Boyles and placed €20 on Kilmore to beat St. Croans in the ros championship @4/9.

Small bet + short odds but it qualifies me for a €40 free bet which i'll get tomorrow regardless of the above bet winning or losing so i'll have another bet tomorrow with bigger stakes and bigger prices.

Closing Bank: €80(-€20)

Bet wins, Kilmore won by 3pts. Hopefully these wins continue, starting to find my feet now.

One bet looks great to me in the early match between Laois and Longford. Colm Begley under (1.5pts) @8/13. He could possibly get a point but can't see him getting two. He plays midfield and isn't a consistent scorer from that position, he's a more defensive player where he plays centre back for Parnells in Dublin.

€18.89 on Begley under (1.5pts) returns €30.51

Will prob have another bet on the kildare and/or derry match id this bet wins.

In-play: €18.89

Bet wins, Kilmore won by 3pts. Hopefully these wins continue, starting to find my feet now.

One bet looks great to me in the early match between Laois and Longford. Colm Begley under (1.5pts) @8/13. He could possibly get a point but can't see him getting two. He plays midfield and isn't a consistent scorer from that position, he's a more defensive player where he plays centre back for Parnells in Dublin.

€18.89 on Begley under (1.5pts) returns €30.51

Will prob have another bet on the kildare and/or derry match id this bet wins.

In-play: €18.89

Bet wins, Begley had a half chance for a goal but otherwise did nothing in attack.

Nothing interesting me in the other games so i'll leave it at that for this weekend.

In-play: €0
    Closing Bank: €120.51 (+€20.51)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

Thanks for the Begley tip, had €20 on, not been settled yet though for some reason, has yours?

ft9 wrote: »
    Thanks for the Begley tip, had €20 on, not been settled yet though for some reason, has yours?

Nope, not settled yet. Definitely a winner though.. These type of markets are very interesting, pity they can only be done as singles

Wexford/Offaly game under 29.5 pts @5/6 doubled with Dublin (-3) in the hurling tomorrow @ 8/13. Football reasoning in Gaa Betting Thread and following others advice with the hurling...

€20 returns €59..23

Closing Bank: €100.51 (+€0.51)

Wexford/Offaly game under 29.5 pts @5/6 doubled with Dublin (-3) in the hurling tomorrow @ 8/13. Football reasoning in Gaa Betting Thread and following others advice with the hurling...

Wexford somehow manage to score 2-15 including a point in injury time to put the games total points to 30pts. Can't say anything but great call by the bookies...

That's me done for this week...

Closing Bank: €100.51 (+€0.51)

Advertisement