Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oz checklist

Options
  • 01-02-2011 1:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭

Hey all

I'm set to depart in a few weeks and i'm just in the middle of printing out my documents.

I've printed out my;

* flights details(booking reference and ticket number etc)
    * oz bank details(acc number, branch address etc)
    * visa details(visa grant number)

also planning on scanning

* a few copies of my passport
    * my college degree

Can anyone think of anything else i'll need?

Cheers in advance:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42 dabbido

Travel insurance info?

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭djfitzerjnr

bog roll.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭markymark21

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showpost.php?p=3103642&postcount=2

Read this, its a pretty extensive to do list do someone who is moving to Oz. Much of it won't apply as it is for someone who is moving over for ever - however its still quite good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Spirow

How about getting you tax file number sorted before you leave (similar to PPS).

If you are planning on doing bar or construction work, you should also look at getting your:
    Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA)
    White Card / Construction Safety Card
    Both can be done online.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,354 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

leedsfan88 wrote: »
    I've printed out my;

* flights details(booking reference and ticket number etc)
    * oz bank details(acc number, branch address etc)
    * visa details(visa grant number)

also planning on scanning

* a few copies of my passport
    * my college degree
    i know your just being rather safe than sorry, but honestly you don't need all those. And it be less stressful to avoid having to worry about paperwork.

* flights details - Depending on who you are flying with, self check-in or online checkl are less hassle. obv bring if required
    * oz bank details - I didn't set up one till i got here (as I wanted a branch near my house). But if you have this info in an email, its fine there imo.
    * visa details - Visa is eletronic, if you need it later for an employer just print at that stage.

* a few copies of my passport - Why?
    * my college degree - scan and save to your email in case, I was never asked for it.

Less paper = less hassle
    Spirow wrote: »
    If you are planning on doing bar or construction work, you should also look at getting your:
    Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA)
    White Card / Construction Safety Card
    Both can be done online.
    Great advice, If I had of known, i'd of done it in ireland. This give you a huge boost (will prob be a week or so before you get it out of the way once landed)

• Advertisement
Advertisement