Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How Much Was Your Mullet?

• 01-02-2011 2:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

I just spotted a Boards ad on the screen for a hairdressers, advertising a wash, cut & blowdry for €30 instead of the usual €120.

Two things struck me as odd about this... firstly the text in the ad makes the hairdressers name look like "The Rape" and secondly was the price.

Now, it's been a long time since I had enough hair to warrant a trip to the barbers, but at €120, I would seriously feel like I was getting raped.

So, how much did you pay for your last haircut / hairstyle, was it worth it & can you still get a short back & sides for less than a fiver?

How Much Was Your Mullet? 71 votes

€10 to €30
    0% 0 votes
    €30 to €50
    69% 49 votes
    €50 to €100
    5% 4 votes
    More than €100
    7% 5 votes
    I'm not bald, I shave my head
    2% 2 votes
    I have disgusting, crusty, smelly hippy dreds & I never wash
    15% 11 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

I go to a barber, €8.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

€12 was my last hair cut, i gave a fiver tip cause it was Christmas eve.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭red menace

The Mrs cuts mine 30 quid for the clippers set

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭smk89

My mother cuts my hair, so free with free Freudian overtones

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Tenner with my regular barber, which includes a bread cut. So I'm happy enough with the price.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

smk89 wrote: »

And Oedipus highlights.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Colour, cut and blow dry €125, twice a year. Maybe one cut in between if it's looking ****e.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,601 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

smk89 wrote: »

A Freudian Snip?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

9 euro in the barbers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭policarp

Hairdressers for women.
    Barbers for men.
    Mullet for the fishmongers.

• Advertisement

It seems I overpriced the lowest option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

€10 the last time, think that was in October.

Expensive those hair cut things.

policarp wrote: »
    Hairdressers for women.
    Barbers for men.
    Mullet for the fishmongers.

Yes, Policarp. :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,601 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

It seems I overpriced the lowest option.

Yeah...I pay a fiver in a place on the quays in Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Don't call haircuts "mullets" ever again please

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Bought my own head shaver £40, so do my own, huge saving over the year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

Twee. wrote: »
    Colour, cut and blow dry €125, twice a year. Maybe one cut in between if it's looking ****e.
    F#CK OFF:eek::eek::eek:??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

I'd want a new head for that.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Johro wrote: »

:pac: I do have great hair though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Sticky_Fingers

Cut my own hair, have done so for the last decade. I must have saved an absolute fortune by this stage, I might even have enough for those hair plugs that I sorely need

:confused: <
    an accurate representation of how much hair I have left on my noggin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

deathrider wrote: »
    Tenner with my regular barber, which includes a bread cut. So I'm happy enough with the price.

What the f*ck is a bread cut?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Yes but how often do you go to The barber?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭Pdfile

my hair grows fast so i spend quite a bit, hair cuts normally 12 euro + tips 15+ :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

I have dreads so no hair cuts for me. And starblegrade they do get washed, as do most people with them.:rolleyes:

125 for highlights, cut & blowdry, few times a year
    Cut on its own would be 50, but now that I've grown my hair out I don't need that as frequently

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

About a tenner two years ago, have only been to a barbers/hairdressers about 5 or 6 times in last 10 years.

Usally do my own with €30 to €40 clippers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

I think my last haircut was €10.00. I was overcharged. I told her to cut a tiny bit off my hair but she cut it as tight as she could. My hair looks terrible when it's really short. I have a double crown so it looks like I'm balding. She also left some random strands of hair longer than others. I'm planning on going somewhere decent next time.

I think if you want to get anything other than a shaved head and you actually want your hair to be even you need to spend more than €10.00.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,555 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

16 euros every couple of months. I work with a place that charges £400 for a cut with what they pretentiously call an 'Artistic director' but that's only the beginnings of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Mine grows like mad, have to get it trimmed and thinned out every 4 weeks. €55 for wash and cut, don't even get a blow dry included!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

15 quid... back in May... not intending another haircut till end of August.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭Azureus

Johro wrote: »

€125 twice a year is nothin for a lotta gals I know!!! haha talk to some unnatural blondes!

I pay €55 for a cut and blowdry probably 2-3 times a year. Do my own colour so thats €7 whenever I think I need it/i'm bored of it, prob bout twice a year aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

Grafton barbers €12, very good service as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

16 euros but for every 5 i get the next one free. i could go closer to home for a tenner but im never fully happy with it,always find uneven bits or places they miss. For my 16 euro, its always perfect,the lads are sound and I sometimes get 2 stamps on the loyalty card instead of one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

€30 for a haircut I didn't want. I have a fringe now which is the only redeeming feature. But seriously, when I ask for a mohawk I expect a ****ing mohawk!!!! :mad: *shakes fist at conforming hair dresser too stupid to take the hint*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

€12. Today in fact. Can't cut my hair myself, I'd make a **** of it.

I like the place I go to. Pretty Polish lass cuts my hair. I try not to stare at her booberies in the mirror. The only place I can get my hair cut in this town without them making a haims of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭Jaxxy

My friend does my hair for me; cut, re-style, the occasional highlights etc. €35 normally covers it. Lads are never going to spend as much as the ladies on their hair though in fairness. As someone else has said girls can spend up to €125 every 4-6 weeks on colour upkeep and maintenance should they think they need it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

I always go to a Chinese hairdresser. I got my mums, two of my nieces and my own hair cut for about €50. And they do it really well. My mum comes up to Dublin on her free pass now to get her hair cut there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

I get a cut (if not much off) and colour - depending on where I go (I float between two local salons, one salon in the centre of town, and Peter Marks - all depends on which is most convenient, how short/long notice etc) it's between €60 and €80. And that is actually pretty reasonable...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

I cut my own hair... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

Every 4 weeks, €18 in Champs...plus the standard €2 tip for not taking my ear off. Usually very happy with the result.

I have tried €5 and €12 haircuts.................big no no.

• Advertisement
Advertisement