Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Idea for film -

Options
  • 01-02-2011 6:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭

I have an idea for a film but have no skills, talent or equipment to make it.
    What should I do, who should I see?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

stoneill wrote: »
    I have an idea for a film but have no skills, talent or equipment to make it.
    What should I do, who should I see?

You're really selling yourself there. ;)

Get in touch with someone who does have skills I suppose. Got any film student friends?

Is it a feature or a short?

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭ultain

What genre is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭stoneill

Celtic legend fantasy.
    The Story of Cú Chulainn.
    Script is being worked on - but I am not a script writer.
    Some story board are done - but I am not a story board artist.
    And that is as far as I got.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭Average-Ro

stoneill wrote: »
    Celtic legend fantasy.
    The Story of Cú Chulainn.
    Script is being worked on - but I am not a script writer.
    Some story board are done - but I am not a story board artist.
    And that is as far as I got.

You shouldn't be thinking about storyboards at all. Concentrate on the script. Finish a first draft, don't go back and make any changes until the first draft is done (but by all means, make notes on ideas you might have for changes). Once the first draft is done, you have your foundation.

Re-read it, be critical, take notes, and re-write.

Repeat.

Repeat.

Repeat.

You get the idea.

Any good movie or TV show starts with a strong script. People want interesting characters, strong dialouge, engaging story. If your script doesn't have these..... re-read it, be critical, take notes, and re-write.;)

Do you want to direct this?

Storyboards are later on in the pre-production process, not when you're still writing the script.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 davetheminogue

I'd write up a synopsis and get that tight. Then find a writer you trust, someone who is as excited about it as you and then hammer that person till they have articulated that thought you have in your head to your satisfaction.

Then start getting people to read it and be prepared to be slaughtered, everyone will critique and rip it to ****. Then go off and cry for a bit and think back over what people said.

Then you find the dosh.
    Then you find your director.
    Then you gets the womens.

• Advertisement
Advertisement