Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blackburn Away

Options
  • 01-02-2011 9:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭

Hey Folks massive game tomorrow won this one last year need to again this year Blackburn are doing quite well so far with new Manager Kean. We are facing a massive problem at Center back Gallas has a hip injury he may be forced to play through with Woody now likely to make an early return to the team bench or perhaps our new signing Khumalo could make an appearance on the bench.
    Hopefully Wilson has recovered this is exactly the kind of game we need him for grit and determination in midfield badly needed.

Bale is out again so I am hoping Kranjcar gets the nod ahead of Pieenar imo a better player.

Gomes
    Hutton--Gallas--Bassong--BAE
    Lennon--Palacios--Modric--Kranjcar
    VDV
    Pav/Crouch

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

wont be a game for niko. pieenar will start

1-1

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

It can't get any worse than the Fulham performance so I'm hoping there will be a big reaction from the players and genuine desire to make up for Sunday.

Have a feeling we'll nick a result here. 2-1 possibly.

COYS

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

I thought Pienaar was good last Sunday, and hope he starts.

I expect a massive response after Sundays garbage. Hopefully we take our chances when they come.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Woody Back in the frame!

Jonathan Woodgate is back in the squad for our trip to Blackburn on Wednesday night and could even start at Ewood Park.

The defender has been out of action with groin trouble since our 9-1 win over Wigan in November, 2009.

Since his recovery, ‘Woody’ has featured in two recent Spurs XI games with no side effects, although he is yet to play a full 90 minutes.

But due to injuries to Ledley King and Younes Kaboul, as well as the suspension of Michael Dawson, Harry Redknapp is short on numbers at centre-half.

So the manager admits he may consider bringing the 31-year-old back into action sooner than he had anticipated.

Harry said: “He’s not played a game of any note but he’s in my mind because he’s such a fantastic player.

“I’m dreaming he can come in and be somewhere near what he was straight away, but it’s not going to be easy and I’ll have to think about that one today.

“He’ll be involved in some way but I’ve got a mind to throw him in at the deep end. I’ll think about it [starting him] today and see how he looks this morning, but it’s a big ask for him.”

Harry is also hopeful that Wilson Palacios will return from a knee injury for the trip to Lancashire, but Tom Huddlestone and Gareth Bale remain sidelined with King, Kaboul and the suspended Dawson.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭kakee

I am hoping Kranjcar gets the nod ahead of Pieenar imo a better player.

In all the games that Niko has got a chance in recently, he played absolute garbage in every single one. No way is he a better player than Pienaar is now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Yeah oddly enough, despite what happened on Sunday, I thought Pienaar played quite well and worked very well with VDV, Modric, and Lennon. I think he could end up being very decent for us, and I'd have him ahead of Krancjar at the moment.

I think we need to play Crouch at Ewood Park, and the reason I say that is for his height when defending. They have some big players who are good in the air, so we will need to be on the ball at set-pieces. Our midfield is tiny..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

With our defense in shambles, we need to go all out attack as far as i'm concerned. Go for the 4-2 win or something similar. VDV and Defoe/Pav up front, with Modric and Palacios in the middle. Lennon and Pienaar on the wings. Defense? Whoever is available.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Badly need a win tomorrow night to shake off the Fulham shambles and the Transfer deadline day depression.

modric out for a few weeks after surgery. another massive blow

• Advertisement

mickman wrote: »

Where are you hearing that? It's not on any of the sports sites that i can see.

Kiith wrote: »
    Where are you hearing that? It's not on any of the sports sites that i can see.

a lot of sites have it that he had apendix surgery

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/71521.html?CMP=OTC-RSS

I read that this morning alright. Strange that Harry never mentioned it yesterday !

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Massive massive blow,

I'm not holding my breath on this one but in reality if we want to be pushing top 4 we need the win.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

mickman wrote: »

Thats terrible news.

Nothing seems to be going right for us at the moment.

RichMc70 wrote: »
    Thats terrible news.

Nothing seems to be going right for us at the moment.

That's football, everyone has to put up with injuries throughout the course of a season, just unfortunate that our 2 best players are injured together at the minute.

Losing Modric now is a huge blow, and the fact that he might miss the AC match is an even bigger blow. Horrible for him too, as he's probably been our best player this season. I guess it also explains the last minute Charlie Adams bid then, or at least makes it slightly less baffling.

Anyone fancy going 4-4-2 with VDVin the Modric Role?

Im not sure VDV is sharp enough for the central role in a 442, he always looks like he's carrying an arse with him..

I'd go for 3-4-1-2. May as well go attacking with our defence as weak as it is. Lennon and Pienaar (or Niko) to attack the wings, with Pav/Defoe up front, and VDV doing what he does best. Maybe i'm letting my time in Football Manager get to my head though...

Pav
    Defoe

VDV

Palacios--Jenas
    Pienaar
    Lennon
    --Woodgate---Bassong---Hutton--
    Gomes

• Advertisement

vdv is too selfish a player, he seems to think he can just wander around the whole pitch and have no real position. maybe harry told him that he can do that , i dont know but he pulls the team out of shape in my opinion

Kiith wrote: »
    I'd go for 3-4-1-2. May as well go attacking with our defence as weak as it is. Lennon and Pienaar (or Niko) to attack the wings, with Pav/Defoe up front, and VDV doing what he does best. Maybe i'm letting my time in Football Manager get to my head though...

Pav
    Defoe

VDV

Palacios--Jenas
    Pienaar
    Lennon
    --Woodgate---Bassong---Hutton--
    Gomes

Too many computer games mate, we'd be beaten out of sight playing like that !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭golfball37

The most worrying thing is that we have no clean sheet away from home this season.:rolleyes:

I'd settle for 0-0, just to break that record, at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

This on TV?

Pieenar concussion in training yesterday so he's out.

Harry's made five changes. Looks like 4-4-2 with Rafa on right, Azza on left, JJ and Wilson central, JD and Crouchy up front.

Charlie also starts and Gallas is in for daws woody on the bench.

Here are our substitutes at Ewood Park - Cudicini, Pletikosa, Khumalo, Woodgate, Kranjcar, Sandro, Pavlyuchenko.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

2 keepers o_O

Kold wrote: »
    2 keepers o_O

I'd say it was because Pieenar was meant to be included but hes injured

• Advertisement

Hutton and Pienaar injured now :mad:

Advertisement