Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blackburn Away

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,632 ✭✭✭Glebee

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Last minute cmon

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Dave11

Jenas you lucky lucky boy.....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Fuppin fantastic result! Jenas really saved us with Samba's header there, that was going in. Brilliant stuff after a really crappy few days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

huge win , 5 pts behind city game in hand:D

• Advertisement

Yes cmon lads first 1-0 of the season?

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭bogtreader

Thanks for keeping me in touch with the match lads
    A clean sheet thank god

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭marty2002

YES! Much needed win there...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Thought that final whistle would never come,great win!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Gomes played really well tonight from what I saw, pulled off some very solid saves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭fabvinny

great result,didnt think we were gonna hold on!! gomes fantastic!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Lads, just after heaing the Modric news.. actually almost cried..! Dunno how we'll manage against Milan..

Anyways, great result tonight, thought we were gonna throw it away fer AGES! Delighted to be proven wrong, Gomes was outstanding, apart from that no one else really stood out. Gallas I thought was our best outfield player. Triffic result tho! Esp with City only drawing!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Such a massive 3pts, with City dropping 2. Thank God we are at home at the weekend, these away games are not good for the heart.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

THFC wrote: »
    Lads, just after heaing the Modric news.. actually almost cried..! Dunno how we'll manage against Milan..

Anyways, great result tonight, thought we were gonna throw it away fer AGES! Delighted to be proven wrong, Gomes was outstanding, apart from that no one else really stood out. Gallas I thought was our best outfield player. Triffic result tho! Esp with City only drawing!

Modric will miss bolton and sunderland but i reckon they'll have him ready for milan.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Great great result. Need to go on a run now.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 davemac24

thought crouch and bassong were incredible tonight

This was easily could have been a huge banana skin for us unbelievably it looks like it's going to be all the home draws rather then our away form that could cost us this season.

How did Sandro play when he came on? His big problem so far is taking too long on the ball

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Thought the game was dull but the 3 points'll do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭markesmith

Gomes was surely MOTM tonight - save after save, top drawer!

• Advertisement

everdead sandro didnt really touch the ball when he came on so hard to judge

markesmith wrote: »
    Gomes was surely MOTM tonight - save after save, top drawer!
    yeah good call

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭yiddo59

_51076279_011176476-1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

yiddo59 wrote: »
    _51076279_011176476-1.jpg

Great win. Nicely summed up on bbc..

2229: BLACKBURN 0-1 TOTTENHAM
    "Gritty. Solid. Boring. Not the adjectives you'd normally associate with Spurs this term but that's what they were tonight… and this will please Harry Redknapp just as much as their eye-catching wins."

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

Gomes defo MOTM.

Wilson and Bassong where brutal.

For a change I'm happy to say we didnt deserve it but nevertheless we got the win and most importantly the 3 points.

Good to see that City dropped points, long may it continue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

How did Sandro play when he came on? His big problem so far is taking too long on the ball

with a few mins left sandro had the ball, instead of running the clock down he hoofs in a cross and blackburn break away. crouch gave him a good eating for it. the lad has no brain im afraid, its fairly simple to know what to do after 88 mins when you are one nil up

wilson was embarrassing

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭sniffingchimp

mickman wrote: »
    with a few mins left sandro had the ball, instead of running the clock down he hoofs in a cross and blackburn break away. crouch gave him a good eating for it. the lad has no brain im afraid, its fairly simple to know what to do after 88 mins when you are one nil up

wilson was embarrassing

Agreed, Sandro's cross had me shouting at the screen, wtf was he thinking? Not a big fan, he's been dross from what I've seen.

Lads, how can you write off Sandro already ? He has hardly kicked a ball for us. Give him till the end of next season and then judge..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Lads, how can you write off Sandro already ? He has hardly kicked a ball for us. Give him till the end of next season and then judge..

i didnt write him off at all. i mentioned what he did the last night

• Advertisement

mickman wrote: »
    i didnt write him off at all. i mentioned what he did the last night

I was referring to a different comment where it was said that he has been dross so far...he has hardly played..

Advertisement