Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skeletool review

Options
  • 01-02-2011 10:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭

Okay, first attempt so go easy: Someone might find this useful

I have been using a Leatherman Skeletool know for the past 3 years or so and just want to say its the handiest tool a shooting man can have. It is Spartan in its appearance but in saying that its ideal no faffing about. It never leaves my shooting jacket

The blade has been employed on rabbit, pigeon and dog:eek:. Yes, On one occasion I have used it to cut his fur entangled in wire. The blade is single handed opening. The useful pliers has been used on old barbed wire again after the dog got caught in it and to separate brambles from fur.

It sharpens easily, doesnt loose its edge and very easy to clean it retails at anything between €40.0 and €89. The cheapest I've seen it is attached in the link.

http://www.switchcraft.ie/products.asp?maincat=LEA&range=LEAMT&subcat1=LEATHERMAN%20FULL-SIZE%20MULTI-TOOLS&index=5

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭gunhappy_ie

Excellent, we need more reviews :)

I havent gotten this particular model but i do have a few leathermans and have to say that there well worth the money compared to there cheaper knock offs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭deerhunter1

Okay, first attempt so go easy: Someone might find this useful

I have been using a Leatherman Skeletool know for the past 3 years or so and just want to say its the handiest tool a shooting man can have. It is Spartan in its appearance but in saying that its ideal no faffing about. It never leaves my shooting jacket

The blade has been employed on rabbit, pigeon and dog:eek:. Yes, On one occasion I have used it to cut his fur entangled in wire. The blade is single handed opening. The useful pliers has been used on old barbed wire again after the dog got caught in it and to separate brambles from fur.

It sharpens easily, doesnt loose its edge and very easy to clean it retails at anything between €40.0 and €89. The cheapest I've seen it is attached in the link.

http://www.switchcraft.ie/products.asp?maincat=LEA&range=LEAMT&subcat1=LEATHERMAN%20FULL-SIZE%20MULTI-TOOLS&index=5

Have one got it for xmas from my daughter, broke the nose off the pliers this morning, sending it back for replacement, I also have the crunch, and super tool, great bits of kit, especially the skeletool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

My Leatherman MUT, a bit tougher than the ordinary leatherman, and I am still amazed at the design of it as it is a serious screwdriver and will rip most American scope mounts etc apart in seconds.

It has a punch which I find I use the most to push sling swivels apart WYB
    146002.jpg

Advertisement