Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal v Everton, 7:45pm

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Vokes wrote: »
    Can see why its technically interpreted as onside but is still pretty ridiculous.

Reckon Arsenal can still take this. V. Persie looking very sharp.

Haven't got a stream, why would it be onside?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Qwerty27

Where's Sian Massey when you need her?!

Terrible decision, Saha mile off, not interfering with play, ball takes a nick off the defender, Saha involved in play and scores...no common sense at all by official..bad call

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

amacachi wrote: »

It wouldn't!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Koscielny kicked it on its way through to Saha, still doesn't make the slightest bit of difference, he's clear as day offside

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Qwerty27 wrote: »
    Where's Sian Massey when you need her?!

Terrible decision, Saha mile off, not interfering with play, ball takes a nick off the defender, Saha involved in play and scores...no common sense at all by official..bad call
    It wasn't a nick, the defender attempted to clear it and changed it's direction by approx 45 degrees. A miss kick, not a nick.

A mistake by the defender, plain and simple.

Bluetonic wrote: »
    It wasn't a nick, the defender attempted to clear it and changed it's direction by approx 45 degrees. A miss kick, not a nick.

A mistake by the defender, plain and simple.

Saha is offside as soon as the ball is played towards him, it's irrelevant what Koscielny does...plain and simple!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Fabregas wastes another great opportunity, we can't afford all these missed chances.

L'prof wrote: »
    Saha is offside as soon as the ball is played towards him, it's irrelevant what Koscielny does...plain and simple!
    You have mistaken me for someone who offered an opinion on the decision, I didn't.

I am simply stating that it did not take a nick as was described.

As you were.

Have to be putting them away!!!

Confident we can score, but we'll only win if we do so soon!

• Advertisement

The ref is awful. How is that not a booking for Rodwell but he booked Distin for literally nothing earlier?

That's a fucking yellow for Rodwell ref!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Well the ref isn't gonna call offside till Saha receives the ball. However before the ball has reached him, the defender has attempted to clear the ball but mis-hit it to Saha. Basically, maybe the ref is looking at it as an Arsenal defender assist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

This ref is a ritard

So you can pull Walcott down when he's chasing down a ball and get away with it too???

Frisbee wrote: »
    The ref is awful. How is that not a booking for Rodwell but he booked Distin for literally nothing earlier?
    Very strange alright, inconsistency between games is annoying, inconsistency in the same game is unacceptable really.

• Advertisement

This is one of the most inept refereeing performances I've ever seen.

I'm just gonna throw this out there. We're going to drop points tonight, without a doubt, even though we're playing quite well!

Please, please, please work!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Djourou down. Time for wenger to panic

Djourou and Song both injured in that half.

Looking forward to seeing Kosc and Denilson at CB at the weekend now.

Shocking, absolutely shocking decision from the ref for the goal. He's been generally awful for the whole game so far, but that is truly terrible. I see tonights game finishing 1-1

• Advertisement

League's over lads, better beat Barca now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

It really is amazing at times over how much a ref or assistant can have such a strong influence on a result. Small decisions going your way or against you can cost you a title. Absolutely no excuse for these inept officials to allow that goal. Absolutely shocking.

Hopefully the lads give it a right good go in the second half. Any dropped points here would be damaging to our title aspirations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

Saha was clearly played on side so dont know what the problem is

rodwell should have been booked for sure

It really is amazing at times over how much a ref or assistant can have such a strong influence on a result. Small decisions going your way or against you can cost you a title. Absolutely no excuse for these inept officials to allow that goal. Absolutely shocking.

Hopefully the lads give it a right good go in the second half. Any dropped points here would be damaging to our title aspirations.

there was nothing wrong with saha's goal...

do you know the rules?

You having a laugh? :confused:

He's not played onside at all. Would Koscielny have tried to kick that ball if Saha wasn't there. He was affecting play in an offside position, its a shocker of a decision

do you know the rules?

Do you???
    League's over lads, better beat Barca now.

Beat Barca to make it easier for someone else to win the CL? I think I'll pass!

You must be taking the piss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

do you know the rules?

PLEASE tell me you're just trolling?

do you know the rules?

Clearly you dont, but of course you're looking through them blue glasses.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭the untitled user

Goal decision was right. It's not like it took a deflection off Kos, he attempted a clearance, didn't connect properly and miskicked it into Saha's path. Whether Saha was offside initially doesn't come into it.

Everton have been vulnerable from the wide positions. We've made it easy by trying to play that through ball to Cesc/RVP so much. 2nd half I want to see Walcott and Rosicky hugging the touchline.

Rosicky needs to come off, didn't even realise he was on the pitch until that ridiculous booking.

Bendtner or Shava on asap.

Goal decision was right. It's not like it took a deflection off Kos, he attempted a clearance, didn't connect properly and miskicked it into Saha's path. Whether Saha was offside initially doesn't come into it.

Everton have been vulnerable from the wide positions. We've made it easy by trying to play that through ball to Cesc/RVP so much. 2nd half I want to see Walcott and Rosicky hugging the touchline.

Of course it matters that he was offside to begin with. He's clearly interfering with play seeing as Kos actually felt the need to go for the ball.

Of course it does!

You having a laugh? :confused:

lads lads lads

saha was played on by the defenders mis placed kick

wtf...

of course he was off side, but since the arse player kicked it last he was ON side

get a grip

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Joeyjoejoe43

Have you ever played football. Do you know the rules????????????? Must be trolling

"Interfering with play" is defined as touching the ball only.

There might be an argument he was "interfering with an opponent", but that generally only comes into it if the offside player is between the last player and the ball.

http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/affederation/generic/81/42/36/lawsofthegame_2010_11_e.pdf most people here need to read pages 33 and 102.

There might be an argument he was "interfering with an opponent", but that generally only comes into it if the offside player is between the last player and the ball.

You're completely wrong

Diaby on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Joeyjoejoe43

lads lads lads

saha was played on by the defenders mis placed kick

wtf...

of course he was off side, but since the arse player kicked it last he was ON side

get a grip

How are you contesting this, he was offside from initial play which happened milliseconds before the miskick, deeming the player OFFSIDE

You're completely wrong

Oh, I am am I? Why not show me the relevant section in the rules which I'm interpreting incorrectly?

Really? So we can now, for example, obstruct a 'keepers view any time we want just as long as we don't touch the ball? Sweet!

We're gonna get a big decision this half, Mason will look to 'even this out'.

Anyone got a browser-based stream? Can't use sopcast etc., they completely rape my connection.

Rodwell finally gets a yellow, but would he have put in that tackle against brittle Walcott if he had (rightly) been shown his yellow earlier? No!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭peabutler

Oh, I am am I? Why not show me the relevant section in the rules which I'm interpreting incorrectly?

Take the following scenario, Robbie Keane shoots well Kevin Doyle is offside, keepers palms it into Doyle's path if Doyle scores its offside, similar just with a defender.

2nd Phase offside it's called

Frisbee wrote: »
    We're gonna get a big decision this half, Mason will look to 'even this out'.

Was just thinking that as well. can see a soft peno coming our way

Song injured? Nice one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

100% off side.
    Goal should not have counted.
    Even Saha is holding back, realising he runs into an off side position before the pass is made.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Funny they don't just say 'touching the ball' then. :rolleyes:

Nice try though

• Advertisement
Advertisement