Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Binmen STEALING my bin tags !

Options
  • 01-02-2011 10:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 22

I hope its ok to post this here I am not a regular user...

Binmen stealing bin tags !!!

Heres my story ....

I use the regular sticker bin tags, the ones that attach to normal plastic bags and not the wheelie bins.
    So anyway my bin bag is quite heavy as I throw a lot of coal and ash etc out.
    Now once or twice recently my bin was not collected, I presume that the bin men are protesting that the bag is too heavy.
    But 2 weeks back I came out and my bin (not as heavy as normal) was not collected, but also the bin tag sticker was gone. Naturally I thought to myself that some lowlife removed the sticker tag at night and used it on their own bin.
    Fast forward to this morning, I waited till the bin truck was at the very bottom of my street, put the bin out attached the sticker tag,

15 minutes I leave to go to work , bag is left there and get this.... sticker is gone !!
    I drive around the area and find the bin truck and speak with the driver , explain all of the above, he says he will look into it and basically comes back around and takes my garbage.
    What are your thoughts on this ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Wozzaah

I hope its ok to post this here I am not a regular user...

Binmen stealing bin tags !!!

Heres my story ....

I use the regular sticker bin tags, the ones that attach to normal plastic bags and not the wheelie bins.
    So anyway my bin bag is quite heavy as I throw a lot of coal and ash etc out.
    Now once or twice recently my bin was not collected, I presume that the bin men are protesting that the bag is too heavy.
    But 2 weeks back I came out and my bin (not as heavy as normal) was not collected, but also the bin tag sticker was gone. Naturally I thought to myself that some lowlife removed the sticker tag at night and used it on their own bin.
    Fast forward to this morning, I waited till the bin truck was at the very bottom of my street, put the bin out attached the sticker tag,

15 minutes I leave to go to work , bag is left there and get this.... sticker is gone !!
    I drive around the area and find the bin truck and speak with the driver , explain all of the above, he says he will look into it and basically comes back around and takes my garbage.
    What are your thoughts on this ?

I'd doubt it was the bin men, They could take the tags off then trow the bag into the truck, maybe one of your neighbours has quick hands and get there just before the truck comes...

• Registered Users Posts: 22 brianserious

Wozzaah wrote: »
    I'd doubt it was the bin men, They could take the tags off then trow the bag into the truck, maybe one of your neighbours has quick hands and get there just before the truck comes...

Yeah maybe a guy was waiting around the corner to take the tags off my bag on the street and no body elses at the exact same time the bin truck was there-

IT WAS THEM:D

Their reasoning -this guys bags to heavy, remove label "not my job anymore"

I know it and the bin driver knew it !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

I know it and the bin driver knew it !

Well, if you both know it, then report him to the DCC. Simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭johndoe99

you should set up a camera and film them.

johndoe99 wrote: »

Or some sort of trap - an intricate system of ropes and pulleys, perhaps - to literally catch them in the act

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭CBFi

I use bin tags as well- never had an issue tho it's feasible that someone would steal it and put it on their bin. I have no idea in your situation tho- you have no proof. so maybe get some.

or express your concerns to DCC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

You didn't give them their Christmas tip, did you?
    You've only yourself to blame as you'll be treated badly in 2011 :p

At least the binmen around here were knocking on the door before Christmas looking for something :rolleyes:

Report to the council

they did it cause the bag was too heavy its over now I presume

It was most certainly them

I literally out the bag out when they were on the street

johndoe99 wrote: »

yeah but I diodnt think it was them I thought somebody was doing it in the night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Report it and don't overload the bags in future?

• Advertisement

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Report it and don't overload the bags in future?

As much as Im angered at these idiots I dont want them losing their jobs plus they will just deny it, Im thinking its over now, I doubt they will do again.

As for overloading , as far as Im aware there isnt a weight limit and its in a big strong bag,

If manual labor is too hard on them , perhaps seeking different employment is the way forward nobodys forcing this job on them, its a cushy number in reality,

If I can carry the bag from my back to the front then they can carry it the 4 meters to the truck and if its too heavy another can help out its not like theres only one guy working the bins !

I am curious if this has happened to others Im in D7 BTW

I am curious if this has happened to others Im in D7 BTW

I've had bin tags robbed in Dublin 7. I don't think it was the bin men that did it.

You are still only working on a suspicion remember. You don't have proof it was them.

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    I've had bin tags robbed in Dublin 7. I don't think it was the bin men that did it.

You are still only working on a suspicion remember. You don't have proof it was them.

It was them without doubt unless somebody was hiding under my car all night and took it as soon as I put it out - right in front of the binmen

They drove right back across multiple streets to my door and picked up the bag because they were caught.

I am not even gonna debate this point anymore , its not an issue trust me:D

They did it !

More than once too

its a cushy number in reality,

You throw on a hi-vis and a cap and gloves and head out last December at 6am with -6 below and even then, it was often colder then that and lift all morning.
    Now you could say that it's attaching a wheelie bin and pressing a button but this whole thread was on bags. And it wasn't me who posted it was overloaded

Nothing cushy about it :(

You throw on a hi-vis and a cap and gloves and head out last December at 6am with -6 below and even then, it was often colder then that and lift all morning.
    Now you could say that it's attaching a wheelie bin and pressing a button but this whole thread was on bags. And it wasn't me who posted it was overloaded

Nothing cushy about it :(

It wouldnt bother me in the slightest, Im actually out running at that time before work.

Like I said if the jobs too hard then do somethign else, stealing customers bin tags is unacceptable,

stealing customers bin tags is unacceptable,

As is making allegations based on assumptions

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Wozzaah

It wouldnt bother me in the slightest, Im actually out running at that time before work.

Like I said if the jobs too hard then do somethign else, stealing customers bin tags is unacceptable,

Just cancel next weeks run and wait for the truck to come down the street, put your stickers on and hide....

Why are they only targetting your bin bags?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

Why would you tip a binman :confused:

kingtut wrote: »
    Why would you tip a binman :confused:

Stops them stealing your bin tags. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭finnegan2010

Would you be living in Dublin 9?
    I saw strange orange Orbs in the sky during the bin collections that day, moving in a south westerly direction? Strange glowing orbs, bin tags missing, Correlate that with the timing. Coincidence? I dont think so :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Why would they steal your bin tags? More to the point why would they steal your bin tags and no-one else's?

One of your neighbours probably waits for you to stick out your bins, waits for you to go inside and then runs out and grabs it. You said yourself that it was 15 minutes before you came back out.

Never underestimate the stinginess of people.

seamus wrote: »
    Why would they steal your bin tags? More to the point why would they steal your bin tags and no-one else's?

One of your neighbours probably waits for you to stick out your bins, waits for you to go inside and then runs out and grabs it. You said yourself that it was 15 minutes before you came back out.

Never underestimate the stinginess of people.

No sir the bag is to heavy and it pisses them off !

They did it I couldnt believe it !

They are just ripping of the tag and keeping it acting like there was never one on it, after they attempt to move it

I read this again

You have "presume" twice.
    And you've never seen it happen and then once you were away from 15 minutes which is loads of time for a scumbag neighbour

I can't believe the binmen are targeting you and taking only your bintags.

The simplest explanation is usually the best, it's your neighbours

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭JustAddWater

OK, so say for a second they did, what are they going to do? Sell them on the black (bag) market?

What could they possibly gain by stealing them? usually only neighbours would steal them so they can put their bags out for free. A binmen has nothing to gain from this and if he did do it he'd be fired possibly more, so would have a lot to lose.

Aside from that, you have no proof only suspicion and from the sounds of things it could be anyone

They did it !

More than once too

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭knird evol

I think you can set up a Sting Operation.

Make contact with one of their people. Offer to buy the tags back at 30% the face value. Haggling will make you look legit. They'll do it for 50%.
    The Police will want you to tip them off where the 'meet' is going down - so they can set up surveillance teams and have choppers on stand by.

Their whole operation could be worth millions in stolen bin tags. So they won't go down without a fight. But it's time to take the garbage out.

guys I am not here to debate whether they did it or not - they did

They even dragged it half the way then abandoned it, its known that they dont like bags too heavy - sensitive flowers that they are.

I am not looking for proof at all, I am just amazed by it, my home is like 5 or 6 small houses form the corner and it went out when they came around I am in the room and here it being moved about 10 seconds later , I presumed they took it and then went to go to work 10 or 15 mins later and saw it was moved and label was gone,

Its amazing and I am positive it wont happen again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭JustAddWater

AND... as a bonus when you're done, sell the whole thing off as a screenplay to HBO :)
    knird evol wrote: »
    I think you can set up a Sting Operation.

Make contact with one of their people. Offer to buy the tags back at 30% the face value. Haggling will make you look legit. They'll do it for 50%.
    The Police will want you to tip them off where the 'meet' is going down - so they can set up surveillance teams and have choppers on stand by.

Their whole operation could be worth millions in stolen bin tags. So they won't go down without a fight. But it's time to take the garbage out.

I read this again

You have "presume" twice.
    And you've never seen it happen and then once you were away from 15 minutes which is loads of time for a scumbag neighbour

I can't believe the binmen are targeting you and taking only your bintags.

The simplest explanation is usually the best, it's your neighbours

Perhaps I am not being clear enough, again my point here is not whether they did it or not , I really need to clarify that!

Seriously the flash could live next door and not pull this off:D

• Advertisement

I think the guys in this forum can help you out :eek:

Advertisement