Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Black and White thread!

• 01-02-2011 10:39am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 241 ✭✭

Dunno how many of you are excited by the new games as I am, by just thought I'd throw this up here. 30 Days 23hours and 20 mintutes until 9am March 4th. Game release day!!

So what are people looking forward to most in the new games!? Personally I'm liking that it's a complete wipeout, that now of the older pokemon are in it and we get it before America for a change!!!

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Oh I'm excited, I just haven't picked which one I'm gonna get first for sure..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 241 ✭✭SamIAmNot

Mine is White! And I'm 90% sure I'll be getting the water starter. I have most of my main in-game team picked out but this will probably change closer the date. Just saw on Serebii that Dream World won't be going live here at launch! Such a rip!

http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I'll be picking up black as I got the Japanese white.

•_• *stares at you with a mad burning jealous rage*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭Dr. Jonathan Crane

Just like every game since Diamond, I've already played each version in Japanese (really makes the games last longer as I have no idea where the f to go:rolleyes:) but I'll still be excited as hell come the end of this month.

Haven't decided on a version, I'll probably end up with both if my funds don't let me down :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Yeah I'll also be getting White as I got black on Japanese :) out of interest, did you use play asia?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

Gonna get white I think. Originally I was going for black till I saw the legends were the other way around. Can't wait, gonna pre-order it soon. I bought a pre-owned copy of Platinum today(never played it before) just to get some Pokétime in before it comes out :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Kersmash wrote: »
    Gonna get white I think. Originally I was going for black till I saw the legends were the other way around. Can't wait, gonna pre-order it soon. I bought a pre-owned copy of Platinum today(never played it before) just to get some Pokétime in before it comes out :)

Yeah, I wanted Black first when I thought that Zekrom was going to be the legendary. But cause I know that Reshiram is Fire-type, it's making me think it over..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

I think I'll be ok with Zekroms electricity myself. He also looks so much more badass :)

I'm still not sure which Starter to go with. i'm leaning towards Oshawott, but I could go with Snivy.

like I said before I'm 90% sure I'll get the water, but 10% is saying get fire! I have my in-game team planned mostly and looking at the 'mon I picked it would make a lot of sense to pick the fire guy and get white instead... But Zerkrom just looks so cool!

• Advertisement

I'm gonna pick fire, cause as much as I hate Fire/Fighting for a third game in a row, I still love the Fire type itself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Buzzthebatgirl

I'm gonna go White, since I have the Japanese Black. *That is of course unless I manage to score the DSi and game Bundle as a prize at Reading (now London) tournament. *The black DSi is waaaaaaaaay cooler.
    Reading_prizes.png

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Wobbuffet

I'm going with White as I prefer Zekrom and I'll be choosing Smugleaf Snivy as my starter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Black and Tepig for me :D

:eek: They're releasing the B&W DSi bundles in English?! Temptation...

:eek: They're releasing the B&W DSi bundles in English?! Temptation...
    Yeah, apparently they are a Game exclusive, but I've not seen them on the website so far

I'm not bothered with what system I play it on, but I'll be getting White and originally going to pick Osawott, but lately I've found myself tempted to pick Tepig!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Going with White since I have a Jap black, and probably the Water starter since I didn't really use one in Black.
    Then again I might not bother my arse - I'm a bit poked out at the moment and I never seem to finish the 2nd version when I pick up both (looks at 3-badge Pearl, 2-Badge HS, unplayed LG...)

I really can not wait!! I'm just so excited! For anyone who cares there is only:

29 Days,
    09 Hours,
    54 Minutes

left on my countdown at the time of this post! *Squeals like a Tepig in a fight!* :D

Are any shops / online places offering any awesometastic pre-order bonuses?

• Advertisement

Not that I've seen yet. They'll probably put them up closer to the release.

A heads up on those Special B/W DSi bundles

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭LoganRice

As the proud owner of a Japanese version of pokemon black, I can safely say that these games are top notch ;) I'll be getting pokemon White though.

26 Days
    13 Hours
    50 Minuites

Or Three weeks and 6 days if you prefer!

I have to say lately I've been leaning upwards Tepig as my starter choice. It's really grown on me in the last little while. Do people ever nickname their starter? I usually do, if I can think of a good name. I try to pick an old Greek or Roman god that would match the pokemons type.

I'v never bought the game guides before, but the hardback ones for black and white look awesome :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭looking_around

SamIAmNot wrote: »
    Do people ever nickname their starter? I usually do, if I can think of a good name. I try to pick an old Greek or Roman god that would match the pokemons type.

I like to nickname...and I nickname pokemon I catch too (well randomly) ..I think it just makes the game a little different..especially if you battle someone else or trade..idk .. :D

I'll be going for smugleaf..i just loooove it's final evolution ...

I haven't decided which colour I'll be going for yet XD ... possibly black.. and then whenever they bring it out, the middle game "grey" /transparent ..w/e they'll call it ..:P

I've preordered White at Gamestop. I NEED to get me a Zekrom.
    I'm looking forward to these games for the same reason the OP said: they're starting with a clean slate. I liked the RSE series because of the very same thing. It's just so boring running around catching the same critters all the time! It also looks like they've implemented an interesting storyline, which should be fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭Urizen

Black was ordered on Sunday. Got the whole endgame team planned out already. Wotter and I will bring doom upon Isshu...

I need a new nickname theme though. My Titan Team will forever be in SoulSilver...

Omg It's driving me mad! Think I've decided on names. But I just can't wait for the games now! Check out Serebii and pokebeach to see why! I do have the links in another thread!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056176821

Countdown clock is:

20 Days
    20 Hours
    28 Minuites

• Advertisement

Giving black and White enhanced functions for the 3ds is a genius move to for sales.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I'm gonna get both. Gonna get tepig, and then I'm not sure for the other one :D

Well it makes sense with the game being released so close to the launch of the 3DS.

Tepig is the bset choice out of the starters followed by Osawott

I fancy a grass type though. Nit sure about snivy.

Well what I've done a few times is, start up the game and get a friend to send you over an egg with a pokemon you want to be your starter in it. Hatch it and then use it for the duration of all the gyms and league. This way it has your ID and will obey you, and you don't get caught by using a traded pokemon as such if you get me.

Days: 18
    Hours: 21
    Minuites: 30

How much are those DSI going to be? 180 each?

• Advertisement

Not sure what the going price on a DSI is... But I do know that it's only a mere

309 Days to Christmas! Oh no wait wrong count down :D

Days 12
    Hours 16
    Minuites 5

Until the release of Pokemon Black and White!

Comes out precisely a week after my birthday :D I'm gonna get both, but only start one, so I can play the other on the 3DS for the supposed 3D effects

cloud493 wrote: »
    How much are those DSI going to be? 180 each?

The pokémon DSi's are €199 in game or €119 if you trade in your old DSi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,014 ✭✭✭marko93

Pre-ordered White! LIKE A BOSS. I havent even looked through the pokemons yet. All i know, totally new ones. New adventure. Sounds like a failed Leaving Cert to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Have been looking at getting it but I have no ds onto the 3DS comes out instill haveint played the pokemon gold remake but I picked it up last night on eBay for 13.50 a deal and a 1/2

But have no idea I it has a box or poke thing I have to wait and see what comes in the post

But pokemon black is only 28 euro on thehut and is saying buy me badly

• Advertisement

35 euro each in HMV, sound for me. And I got a new DSI on the weekend, do me for black and white till the 3DS comes out.

The online Sterling prices range from £25.85-£34.89 (about €29-€40.47). All the instore prices seem to be around the £35 mark

€40 in gamestop for some reason.

cloud493 wrote: »
    €40 in gamestop for some reason.

The reason is that Gamestop suck :) even argos is 37.

I'm going with play.com i think it was like €32. It's probably even cheaper again on amazon.

35 is great for me. I can go get them before school, round 70 euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Find out that the copy I won of gold on eBay was a copy so I picked up pokemon black for 25.47 on amazon which is about 30 euros but can't play it to the 25th

Anyway it's post to be 49 euros is gamestop you must be nuts to pay that

€50? Seriously, how do they get away with that?

because people pay it rather than shopping elsewhere.
    They probably charge more for the new stuff and offset the higher price by offering attractive trade-in returns, gets you in the door and you put your seemingly high credit to work on a higher retail price meaning your net gain is no higher than if you went elsewhere

But HMV is usually close, has it for €15 cheaper, and similar trade jn offers. Makes no sense to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

Pokemon hGold/sSilver is still around €35 in Game. That's a second hand one too. Ridiculous stuff.

• Advertisement
Advertisement