Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A few newbie questions please ?!

Options
  • 01-02-2011 10:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭

Hi I'm relatively new to boards and just have a few questions please , I have read through the beginner's guide , I want to know how to delete a post which the beginner's guide does tell how to do , but when I click on the post I want to delete there is no edit button ? Is this because the thread is more than 48 hrs old ?

Also how can I change my username ? thanks for any replies .

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

gucciali wrote: »
    Hi I'm relatively new to boards and just have a few questions please , I have read through the beginner's guide , I want to know how to delete a post which the beginner's guide does tell how to do , but when I click on the post I want to delete there is no edit button ? Is this because the thread is more than 48 hrs old ?

Also how can I change my username ? thanks for any replies .

When you edit a post, under the advanced option, there's an option to delete.

But, you can only edit a post within a timelimit of 48 hours. After that you'll need to ask the appropriate mod to delete/alter it.

Username changes are only for subscribers, though you could subscriber for the minimum one month and get one.

Advertisement