Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what are my rights early termination of rent

Options
  • 01-02-2011 11:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Hello everybody,

I hope someone can help me.

My boyfriend and I broke up, so we told our Landlord that we want to move out. I want to go back to Germany with our child. My Ex doesnt want to stay in the Familyhome, so we want to terminate our rent, we only moved in November and we have a 1year lease signed.

We contacted the Landlord on the 24th of January and told him that we want to move out on the first of March, he said he has to talk to his wife and he will get back to us. But he has not gotten back to us. We send his Wife a text message and appologised for the incovenience caused etc. and she has not replied.
    We send them a letter on the 27th (a registert letter) that we want to terminate the contract. We still havent heard of them:( I am freaking out a bit. Because I dont know what our rights are. And I really need the Deposit back otherwise I cant afford to go back to Germany :confused:
    They still havent put the house up on Daft.

Can anyone tell me what else I can do???

Thanks Julie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

Find someone to take over the lease; this is the only way you are entitled to your deposit back.

Advertisement