Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Controlling Clothes Moths

• 01-02-2011 11:56am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭

Hi, just wondering if people have ideas about this. Apart from keeping areas clean, regularly hoovering and so on, sealing clothes in air-tight packages.

Would people have any other ideas. Since there are no kids or pets around, how about targeted use of an insecticide? Any recommendations, and can you buy a suitable one in Woodies or B&Q?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

How about using Mothballs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭donaghs

Thats one possibility. But they dont always base themselves in cupboards/drawers. In fact, those places tend to be harder for them to get into. I was wondering also about carpets, cracks in walls and skirting boards that they lay eggs in and so on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

If they aren't eating the skirting, carpets and walls I wouldn't worry too much about them.
    AFAIK there are only a couple of types of moth that eat clothes most of the rest are harmless.
    I don't think you could use anything that would prevent them from entering the house unless it was a very strong insecticide. I know which way I would lean and it wouldn't be a residual insecticide.

Advertisement