Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fight Night Champion Demo

• 01-02-2011 12:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭

I think the demo is out tomorrow, I've loved the previous two games so am dying to get my hands on this.

Took me a while to get into FN4 after playing 3 religiously but in the end I was happy enough with it, once I'd got the hang of only using analogues.

Anyone else play it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

Big fan of fight night 4. From the vids and stuff I've seen of this is nowhere near the revolution from 3-4 but more like a FIFA update which refines a few things. I thought the career mode in the last game was brutal though so having that changed is a big thumps up for me. I'll look forward to trying the Demo.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭qbhod

Looking forward to seeing whether the graphics got an update, been nearly 2 years since FNR4 hasnt it? Think they've made the controls a bit easier too, big plus

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Spazdarn

Ugh I just cancelled my gold membership and I'll have to wait another week for it on silver :(

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭qbhod

Hmm, they've added some kind of motion blur thing which i'm not sure I like...

Just played the demo for a bit last night and I have to say I like it. They've updated things a bit and the graphics seemed great. They've ditched the mini game between rounds for recovery and now it's an auto recovery system based on how well you did in the previous round which I like.

Health bars are gone and all you have now is a stamina bar. The punching has been made easier with no more semi circles etc on the stick and button options are included as well.

The big thing I noticed from my playtime was the styles. They have really captured the style of Tyson, Pacquiao and Ali here and they all play and fight differently. When playing as Pacman He was lethal when lunging in from a small distance and threw combinations very fast. You're also able to punch from behind your guard now.

I had 4 fights, 2 online and 2 against the CPU. I won a fight online and against the CPU by a stoppage due to damage inflicted which you rarely saw in Fight Night 4. At a glance they seem to have gotten a handle on damage and the faces sure do get mangled in the fight.

I'll be picking this up now when it's out as it is more of a progression than I was thinking from Fight Night 4 and Story Mode added which looks like good craic. Legacy mode is back and doesn't seem to be changed too much other than the addition of sponsorships and events to increase your fame. All in all looks great to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,614 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

hi

where did you access this demo? wouldn't mind givin it a go

I downloaded it through the Xbox. Go looking for game demos on the Game Marketplace and it should be easy to find. Just over 1GB in size

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Its now available for Silver as well. Downloaded this morning and first impressions are..I really don't know. It feels a lot faster than FN3 or FN4 but for some reason the Total Spectrum Punching feels very hit and miss. I played as Tyson and some flicks of the stick weren't even registering. Not to mention I got my ass kicked in both fights despite hammering the crap out of the other guy for most of the round.

Damage looks to be much improved (Cotto was looking like he had fallen into a bucket of blood along with the bloodstains on the mat). The Story and Legacy trailers (especially story) look pretty cool. My only gripe so far is the lack of response from the stick but I'll give it a few more rounds later tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

My only gripe so far is the lack of response from the stick but I'll give it a few more rounds later tonight.

I found this too. It's like the punches were being queued up for me and still being thrown when they were no longer needed. So I flick the stick a few times while in close, but after my opponent had moved far out of range I was still punching the air like a drunk on Saturday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭Cactus Colm

DarkJager wrote: »
    Its now available for Silver as well. Downloaded this morning and first impressions are..I really don't know. It feels a lot faster than FN3 or FN4 but for some reason the Total Spectrum Punching feels very hit and miss. I played as Tyson and some flicks of the stick weren't even registering. Not to mention I got my ass kicked in both fights despite hammering the crap out of the other guy for most of the round.

Felt pretty much the same when I played it. Now I'm interested in how they're going to handle the training, thought Fight Night Round 4, the training was brutal. The fighting was good enough, but once I tried to upgrade my skills I hit a brick wall, only managing to get +1's in a few of the training games.

Don't expect to be getting champion stats straight away, but it should be a bit easier than that.

• Advertisement
Advertisement