Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Worst Shirt Burning Attempt Ever?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

As someone said last night, the next time Newcastle United and Liverpool fans set their clubs shirts on fire then they should leave them on and do us all a favour.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Idiots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Goon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭WallyGUFC

If I was him I'd just sell it on Ebay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

That_Guy wrote: »
    Goon.

toon goon. it cost him the guts of £50 to make himself look like an idiot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

One of the replies:
    You're no Ray Mears mate!. Just ****ing put it in the bin man!
    :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

orourkeda wrote: »
    As someone said last night, the next time Newcastle United and Liverpool fans set their clubs shirts on fire then they should leave them on and do us all a favour.

Maybe he's a Sunderland/a.n.other fan?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Seen a Liverpool fan lighting a Torres shirt on fire last night and thought he did a bad job of it, this one takes the biscuit though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

It's ironic that he transfered between the two clubs with the most mawkish sense of entitlement in the universe.

Should have doused it in petrol first btw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

shower of gob****es who should be slapped......basically burning the club crest the idiots!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,024 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Burning the club shirt is the height of disrespect to your own club imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Who decided to let these children play with fire, brain dead shower.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

orourkeda wrote: »
    toon goon. it cost him the guts of £50 to make himself look like an idiot

In fairness, he probably had it anyway and Carroll is not exactly a club hero in the Shearer mould. You still see guys with current jerseys with Shearer or Liverpool ones with Dalglish etc. You only get that with club legends and an Andy Carroll Newcastle jersey was never going to have long term prospects anyway.

Still silly though.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,529 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

In fairness you'd have to be a little bit special to buy a football jersey with a player's name on it in the first place. Grand if you're 10, but for an adult it's just a teeny bit retarded.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,024 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

In fairness you'd have to be a little bit special to buy a football jersey with a player's name on it in the first place. Grand if you're 10, but for an adult it's just a teeny bit retarded.
    Why not have a jersey with your favourite player's number and name on it?

I don't see anything retarded about that. And I'm older than most on here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

And now for some good news,a few people in Liverpool were nice and warm the other night as they burned jersey's for heat.
    The bad news-the city didn't burn to the ground.:pac:

zerks wrote: »
    And now for some good news,a few people in Liverpool were nice and warm the other night as they burned jersey's for heat.

hilarious

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

eagle eye wrote: »

Same as, some people would see grown men wearing a jersey as retarded anyways so who cares.

I did feel retarded getting Ibra on my Barca jersey last year only for him to leave 4 months later :o They were out of "s's" so i couldn't get Iniesta or Messi, don't know why i just didn't get Xavi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

wtf :confused:

Really don't see how somebody can be viewed as special for getting their favourite player on the back of their jersey

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

:(

tumblr_leo0z2gvwR1qz7guco1_500.jpg

zerks wrote: »

You should do stand up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

rarnes1 wrote: »
    You should do stand up

Did you not get the memo - he's touring Ireland & the UK starting June 6th in Mullingar.

I'll sell you the tickets for €50 if you're interested

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Jerseys are hard to set fire to because the explosion of Ronaldo and Messi into the game resulted in too many players being burned which was a nightmare for the clubs so they decided to make the jerseys flame retardant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Jerseys are hard to set fire to because the explosion of Ronaldo and Messi into the game resulted in too many players being burned which was a nightmare for the clubs so they decided to make the jerseys flame retardant.

Your retardant.

on a serious note, they do tend to melt rather than burn though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

major bill wrote: »
    shower of gob****es who should be slapped......basically burning the club crest the idiots!!!

And?

I don't get why everyone gets so worked up over an immature minority doing something as trivial as burning a shirt/club crest. Yes it is disrespectful but saying they should be slapped about is more immature than their own immature behavior imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Fenix

^^ You are wrong.

Fenix wrote: »
    ^^ You are wrong.

Any chance you might explain to me why I am? Or is that too hard?

Is it too hard for you to grasp that seeing a fellow 'fan' burn the crest of the football team you love, would be absolutely infuriating?

I dont advocate 'slapping people around' but if I did, these people would need slapped :rolleyes: Idiots. Minority, yes, idiots none the less.

• Advertisement

eagle eye wrote: »

tut... scarfers:rolleyes::)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

I think burning things in general is a little weird, unless it's for heat.

Is it too hard for you to grasp that seeing a fellow 'fan' burn the crest of the football team you love, would be absolutely infuriating?

Why should I care what other 'fans' are doing unless it is something more serious than burning a jersey? Sure it puts the club in a bad light but I don't really care what other teams fans care about us either. Getting infuriated at young scamps burning a jersey? Sorry, think you're being a bit ridiculous.

Why should I care what other 'fans' are doing unless it is something more serious than burning a jersey? Sure it puts the club in a bad light but I don't really care what other teams fans care about us either. Getting infuriated at young scamps burning a jersey? Sorry, think you're being a bit ridiculous.

you would think differant if someone burnt the tri-colour when both are the same.

Young scamps!? Ok... I guess your just a different type of fan than I am. Is it all fans behaviour that you condone or just burning the crest?

The 'dont really care what my teams or any other teams fans think' attitude is, in my opinion, a tad ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭lyverbird1

Reminds me of the gimp who got the thigh length tattoo of Andy Cole in the week before his shock transfer to man u. Will try to find the picture to post later, the look on the guys face as he showed it off the day of the transfer was priceless. Better to get the name on the jersey than a permanent mark on one's person I suppose, given you can't burn off a tattoo (well, it would be quite unwise anyway to try) or put it in the charity bag.

• Advertisement

you would think differant if someone burnt the tri-colour when both are the same.

Probably, but I don't agree with you that a nations flag is the same as a football jersey.

The 'dont really care what my teams or any other teams fans think' attitude is, in my opinion, a tad ridiculous.

Not as ridiculous as wanting to give a bunch of kids a slapping for burning a jersey.

Probably, but I don't agree with you that a nations flag is the same as a football jersey.

both are pieces of cloth!!

both are pieces of cloth!!

What is your point or do you have one?

What is your point or do you have one?

both are cloth made by people....they are only symbols, they have no real meaning or effect on life but yet people will get upset over the burning of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭patmac

patmac wrote: »

id say he is a bit on the special side

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭lyverbird1

Advertisement